Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This is what happens when you get complacent with your insulin. Currently feeling very ill.
I'm not surprised. Are you forgetting to take your insulin? Look. If I can take mine with all the shannanagins lately mr.You can! Tell yourself off and make yourself well. Use that insulin (some people cannot afford it) and make yourself better. Or you'll have me supporting you from my coronary bed. A bad tempered ickihun isn't a pretty sight! ;)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm really confused. Can someone help?
Hmm, not sure really, doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Honestly, I would say give it a little time... Try not to over indulge on the carbs, have a revision on the Low Carb Programme. Bodies are weird...:(

Reactions: Ultramum

Bigman49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Easter to all.
6.3 this morning with 5.8 before bed last night.
Morning Sitagliptin 100mg changed to Alogliptin 25mg on Monday 10th April by the decision of the area diabetes management clinical board!! I started LCHF eating on the 1st March and to date have lost 12Lb 10oz with BS reduced from an average 10.4 day down to 6.0 - 7.0 daily average. My DN cannot believe the difference the change in eating habits has made. I also take 2 x 40mg Gliclazide per day. My weekly average has dropped from 10.4 to 7.6mmol. If I lose another 70lbs I can get back to the weight I was when I married, 46 years ago LoL! DN is concerned that I get close to hypo in the afternoons but have highest readings in the mornings. If I drop to less than 6.0mmol she suggested stopping the morning 40mg Gliclazide. Next Hba1c is the beginning of May so looking forward to seeing the difference.