Easter Holidays & Prescriptions

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Remember it's a 4 day weekend coming up. Good Friday (Apr 14) and Easter Monday (Apr 17) are Bank Holidays so most pharmacies will be closed. Don't forget to get your meds before that if you're running low or about to run low. Just a heads up as I'm going through BG testing strips like nobodies business right now and only re-ordered today.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been on to order my repeat today. They changed the online system a few months ago and it's not been very good so far. My DSN sent a treatment advice last week to change my Novorapid to cartridges so I can start using my Novopen Echo which has resulted in them simply removing Novorapid from the prescription.

Reactions: DiabeticDadUK

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does your pharmacy home deliver? Not suitable for everybody, I know. Great for me as I run my businesses from home. Usually 24-48 hours after ordering a nice lady turns up with it all :)

Reactions: Gaz-M

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@DiabeticDadUK what a very thoughtful post - thank you so much for the heads-up!

I'm sorted, thanks - but you've reminded me to remind Mr S to have a look-see for his own supplies!!!!

:):):)

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@DiabeticDadUK what a very thoughtful post - thank you so much for the heads-up!

I'm sorted, thanks - but you've reminded me to remind Mr S to have a look-see for his own supplies!!!!

:):):)

Oh, you're welcome. Never fun to find yourself low on strips or insulin and it's a BH weekend :)

GeorgeWBaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the reminder, I've got mine but there's another holiday in two weeks. Wish I was working and getting a holiday. HA!
I'm not a 92 year old, I'm an 18 year old with 74 years experience.

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been seeing this post for 3 days and still managed to forget, thanks for the thought though!!

I've forgotten many times in previous years. Hope you've got enough of what you need or can find an open pharmacy near to you.