Hyper symptoms

Salby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Guys,
Anyone out there find they yawn consecutively as a sign of a hyper?
Anyone know of smart hyper remedies?
Cheers,
Salby.

Reactions: deborabaratto

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I am having a hyper I pretty much fall asleep standing up! The only thing I tend to do is drink loads of water to flush it and and give in and have a nap when I can.

Salby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Purple Penguin,
Appreciate that, thanks very much.
Salby.

pete254

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey Guys,
Anyone out there find they yawn consecutively as a sign of a hyper?
Anyone know of smart hyper remedies?
Cheers,
Salby.
Not so much yawning but when my morning liver dump causes my BG to go over 7 I get a sneezing fit!
This has been happening for a couple of years.
As purple penguin said drink lots of water. Mild exercise will also bring your BG down.

Reactions: helga_t75

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
A couple of more recent times when my sugars have been over 24 I have physically shook very hard.which has never happened when that high until recently (after being t1 for 44 years).
Usually just an unquenchable thirst though.
Never felt tired or yawned when high.
Glad it doesn't happen a lot.

Reactions: Freema

Lou73

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
When my blood sugars are high I could fall asleep on the spot - and yawn, also sweat a lot from my head and my mood can become very grumpy.

empink

This happened to me last night... woke up to my test alarm at 12 absolutely boiling and drenched in sweat. Sure enough 18.9... correction dose and set two further alarms to make sure it was on the way down. Life is never boring!

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I tend to yawn a lot when BGL is high and want to sleep, so drink plenty of water to try get it down and maybe take an extra walk

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since wearing the Libre, and getting a graph to track my blood glucose all day, I have learned a great deal. :)

Used to think that the yawning was a sign of high bg. Turns out, rising and high bg just makes me feel a bit energised. The yawning comes when my bg is dropping afterwards. The faster and longer the drop, the more the yawning. If it is bad enough, then I struggle to stay awake.

So nowadays I take it as a very useful sign that things are going down hard and fast, and have a small low carb snack to head off the incoming hypo (I have Reactive Hypoglycaemia, which means that I get a hypo after too many carbs). Of course, the real answer is for me to not eat the carbs in the first place. But hey, I'm human, and sometimes I act like it. :D