Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@El1983 hello there and welcome :) I notice it's your first post so I'll tag @daisy1 and she will provide the helpful information for new members.

Yes, it's a good idea to wash off anything that could influence the reading.

and a good and sunny morning to everyone :)
4.2 for me today

pretty pleased with that after I had to eat a bit of birthday cake yesterday, I managed to avoid the fondant icing and went for a walk afterwards.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
New to the forum-
5.6 this morning but alway have to give hands a good wash like really good otherwise it reads 8.7.
Anyone else really have to wash the hands good and proper to get accurate reading
Sometimes I just use a babywipe. When no sugar or carbs around I have more confidence.
Still just wash everytime, it's good practice. ;)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@El1983 Hello and welcome to the Forum :) Here, in my signature, are links to the Basic Information which we give to new members and to the Low Carb Program which you could look at. Ask questions if you need to and someone will help.

Bigman49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Readings today were morning 9.1(late night snacking) plus morning GL dump; pre lunch 7.4; pre tea only 4.7 and just now before bed 5.8. This is a usual day for me except the morning reading is normally around 7 and Lunch around 5-6. Still experimenting a bit with what to eat and how much but no bread, pasta, rice or pastries / cakes. I could never give up my Yorkshire puddings on a Sunday though. LoL!