Dexcom app update

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Winterwatch
dd20da581ecf5d83de3cb430f15d74f5.jpg

Both there, make sure your share is back on, only thing I can think of.

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@ElkBond are you seeing this a fair bit where the Dexcom number should be? Happened to me maybe 4-5 times today.

Not sure if it fixes itself as I always just tap on the complication which opens the app and updates it.

Attachments

• IMG.PNG
    IMG.PNG
    84.7 KB · Views: 255

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ Winterwatch Yep I have had that a few times, tbh sugarmate did it too, it would say old for too long.

Annoying but o well

P.s. You can take a screenshot on your applewatch by pressing both physical buttons at the same time, saves you taking a photo of you watch hah

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The other thing to mention on the new app is the "Backfill" functionality. If, for whatever reason, the app is disconnected from the transmitter, the data is now backfilled. I'm not sure for how many hours though. I assume it's eight?

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, so my app auto-updated and now I get the audible alerts on silent at work which is totally not cool.

Has anyone figured out a way to keep them silent?

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, so my app auto-updated and now I get the audible alerts on silent at work which is totally not cool.

Has anyone figured out a way to keep them silent?

Currently I have set the alarm tone to vibrate only on all but Urgent low (cant change it). I forgot to test with headphones but will let you know when I do.

wehtje

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This update is idiotic (understand the rationale behind it but really bad in real life) and terribly frustrating! Because of it I have now turned off all my notifications (which was one of the great things about CGM) but still cannot do anything about urgent lows.

Any way of downgrading to an older version or 3rd party (unsupported) apps that can be used instead?

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think they've fixed it? Mine isn't making audible alerts when my iPhone is on silent