I've really done it now.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a conversation with my DSN. I phoned to tell her I had to stop taking metformin because of the horrible side effects and ask if they wanted to see me before my annual endo consultation. She asked several questions. Are your sugars rising. No. Are you having hypos. No. Have you increased your insulin to compensate. No actually I have reduced it by at least one third for my Humalog. Have you had a recent HbA1c done. Yes it's gone down from 60 to 50 in 10 weeks. Are you putting on weight. No I've lost just over a stone. Confused silence for a few moments and then just carry on what you are doing and we will see you in September. Any problems just give us a ring. Thank you I said. What I didn't tell her was I have been on LCHF diet!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Just had a conversation with my DSN. I phoned to tell her I had to stop taking metformin because of the horrible side effects and ask if they wanted to see me before my annual endo consultation. She asked several questions. Are your sugars rising. No. Are you having hypos. No. Have you increased your insulin to compensate. No actually I have reduced it by at least one third for my Humalog. Have you had a recent HbA1c done. Yes it's gone down from 60 to 50 in 10 weeks. Are you putting on weight. No I've lost just over a stone. Confused silence for a few moments and then just carry on what you are doing and we will see you in September. Any problems just give us a ring. Thank you I said. What I didn't tell her was I have been on LCHF diet!
Go for it!

Reactions: bkr

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Super winner.. very well done indeed.. when I told my DN about it we had a row about "essential" carbs. Luckily the miserable thing seems to have departed my surgery so maybe it's safe to go back..

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
My GP and nurse asked me last week how I'd massively dropped HBA1C from in the 80's to my latest one at 41 last week. Told them I had reduced my carbs and low carbing. They were both very impressed and supportive Well done on your progress I too am unable to tolerate any type of metformin so refuse to take it x

Reactions: JeanCL and Sandy-j

Sandy-j

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My GP and nurse asked me last week how I'd massively dropped HBA1C from in the 80's to my latest one at 41 last week. Told them I had reduced my carbs and low carbing. They were both very impressed and supportive Well done on your progress I too am unable to tolerate any type of metformin so refuse to take it x
Me too. That stuff I'd awful. Made me soooo ill

Reactions: jenrose

Mary_Briggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Gym
Metformin made me sick and my hair was falling out so I went on low carb diet,I went down to PRE diabetic.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wish my hormones behaved themselves without metformin. Metformin cured my infertility (failed ivf and failed 10yr marriage).
I had to be sterilized once metformin did its magic. On me.

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
we had a row about "essential" carbs.

Lol. You'd think they would know better. It's like they don't do their own research and knowledge building beyond what they "learn" at school.

Don't they know there's no such thing as an essential carb?