Meet ups

Nomi

Hi all,

I've seen posts about group meet ups with fellow diabetics and wondered if any were happening in the East Yorkshire area (or further afield)? Or if not, if anyone fancies starting one?

Just thought it would be nice to chat to a group of people who can share their experiences, diabetic or not, have a laugh and make some new friends :):cat:

Nomi

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Nomi

I am based in the South Yorkshire area, and I think @smag3 and @michaela2015 are also Yorkshire-ish?

Would be great if something could be sorted out. I know there are meetups in London, but it is just a bit too far and too expensive for me to do on the train!

Reactions: Type1Bri

Nomi

Yeah I agree about the London ones! It would be great to start something this end:) we could easily meet somewhere central for everyone.

Reactions: Type1Bri

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,

I've seen posts about group meet ups with fellow diabetics and wondered if any were happening in the East Yorkshire area (or further afield)? Or if not, if anyone fancies starting one?

Just thought it would be nice to chat to a group of people who can share their experiences, diabetic or not, have a laugh and make some new friends :):cat:

Nomi
That's where my Grandfather was born (Yorkshire) - and then the whole family immigrated to Canada. Love to visit some of those small Yorkshire towns one of these days. Good luck with your meetup. :)

Reactions: mahola

nuttynay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Nomi
Im from Derbyshire but i dont mind driving up to Yorkshire

Reactions: Nomi

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
Hello! Yes I am in York. Would love a meet up. Don't drive. I did try and sort something out in York recently, but it would appear there are not many diabetics in York! Lets do this, happy to travel. By train or bus.

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am in Sheffield, but don't have access to a car at present, so agree with somewhere that can be got to by train or bus! Also, possibly a silly question, but would a weekend or a weekday be easier? I know from my perspective, it is harder for me to get away during the week.

Nomi

How about Leeds? You should be able to get trains fairly easily from Sheffield and York if needed. Would that work for people?

Nomi

Just to bump this again - we are meeting for lunch in Leeds this Saturday if anyone would like to come! The more the merrier :)