Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes, funnily enough.
Spiders.
Hi fellow T2'ers.

So, still all reasonably new to this. And I have been fine so far. I've nearly lost a stone in weight trying to follow the LCHF diet.

However, this week, for some reason I cannot put my finger on, it's all gone out of the window. I have felt particularly low and because of that my eating habits have just gone out of the window. I have had two fast food meals this week and at least two bars of chocolate that I can remember. It's made me feel massively guilty and very (I don't know how better to say this) dirty, in that I know it was wrong to eat like that, but my willpower just seemed to fail me.

Does anyone else have spells like this? I desperately want to do better. My levels of exercise are better than they have ever been. I don't drink, I don't smoke, but my eating this week I feel has really let me down.

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Hi fellow T2'ers.

So, still all reasonably new to this. And I have been fine so far. I've nearly lost a stone in weight trying to follow the LCHF diet.

However, this week, for some reason I cannot put my finger on, it's all gone out of the window. I have felt particularly low and because of that my eating habits have just gone out of the window. I have had two fast food meals this week and at least two bars of chocolate that I can remember. It's made me feel massively guilty and very (I don't know how better to say this) dirty, in that I know it was wrong to eat like that, but my willpower just seemed to fail me.

Does anyone else have spells like this? I desperately want to do better. My levels of exercise are better than they have ever been. I don't drink, I don't smoke, but my eating this week I feel has really let me down.
WOW I could have written this myself!
I have struggled since the end of January after the tremendous shock of losing my longtime friend suddenly and unexpectedly.
My eating went out the window and I put on 8lbs in a few weeks and just couldn't remember to check my levels too.
This last week I'm back on track ... eating sensibly, testing, walking.
I have lost 3lbs in this week so far which spurs me on, and I feel better in myself. I am sure that you will overcome this blip very soon, especially if you talk about it as I did. Wishing you good luck :)

Reactions: Brunneria and Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi fellow T2'ers.

I think we all get times such as this, @Drummersi.
It only becomes a real problem if we think, that a slight slip means we have failed. We haven't. Just have to mark it down to experience and get back on track.
Rather than feel down about the slight hitch, congratulate yourself on what you have already achieved. Which is rather good.
A new start, perhaps?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'm owning up @Drummersi :) Yes I have had periods of total loss of control in the past and, it wouldn't surprise me if I had some in the future. The thing is, if we eat carby rich food it makes us want to eat more - fact! I would refer you to www.dietdoctor.com website where you will find free information on just that fact. There are a few videos on there free and you can find more free on youtube once you identify the speakers who "speak" into your situation. Hey, you are human after all and the great thing is that you are not willing to continue down the loss of control route and want to get back on track. :angelic:That is most of the battle won already - very best of good luck

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WOW I could have written this myself!
I have struggled since the end of January after the tremendous shock of losing my longtime friend suddenly and unexpectedly.
My eating went out the window and I put on 8lbs in a few weeks and just couldn't remember to check my levels too.
This last week I'm back on track ... eating sensibly, testing, walking.
I have lost 3lbs in this week so far which spurs me on, and I feel better in myself. I am sure that you will overcome this blip very soon, especially if you talk about it as I did. Wishing you good luck :)
Good for you. Success breeds success.

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
tomrrow a new day for you to do better, last week behind you so dont worry

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There are low carb chocolate bars - with no added sugar on the packet.
Someone out there loves us.
There are packs of frozen berries, and pots of extra thick cream.
There are chickens to roast, fish to fry - there are pork chops and beefsteaks - and mushrooms.
Seek out things which make you feel good, and worthy - and plan to eat them all at some time soon.
Low carb eating is the best option - not only is it good to do it works as well - win win really.

Drummersi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes, funnily enough.
Spiders.
Thanks for all the support guys. It's nice to know I'm not alone through all this. I know I can get back on it, just needed to vent.

My pre dinner bg was 4.9 so happy days. Back down to normal, and my dinner was good so I know I'll be in range.

Reactions: Pipp

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
I, like most people, lapse occasionally but the longer I have been following lchf the less often I lapse or feel the urge to! You're doing fine.

dollydreamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories
Hi fellow T2'ers.

you and me both. ive been having a binge just now. grrrr. i cant understand why it takes hold of me. its over now but ive eaten quite a lot. and finished with 16 squares of fruit and nut chocolate. ive been eating to my meter recently and felt much much better but argh it got me tonite. i wonder if it was the change in weather. well its done now but i will have to get my head back to being in my body so i can make healthy choices. for some reason i lost my control and i have to get it back within myself. it started because i felt i wanted something sweet to eat and i had been thinking all day about the lovely toast and butter that u cud see yr teeth marks in and the lovely lemon curd dripping down. oh it was heaven and tortured me all day so i started thinking, hang on what about swaps. so i swapped the butter for ricotta which was nice but it doesnt leave teeth marks haha and i had the lemon curd which was u know a top end one so it tasted so lemony. it was divine. the bread was the dark rye sourdough bread from the polish baker and i thought one slice wud just satisfy my craving but no i had to have another one.

anyway suffice to say now i don't feel hungry, i feel satiated but my bs will be up tomorrow.

if only i cud join these two aspects together, the healthy eating and the cravings. i think i did well tho by changing to ricotta rather than butter and when the lemon curd has gone, i shant be buying anymore. can anyone think of a swap for lemon curd that wud give me the lemon taste without the sugar pls.

all the best, dont feel bad, just get up tomorrow and feel better about yrself and have another go xxxx

Snufflemoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi fellow T2'ers.

Hi fellow T2'ers.

i am feeling so totally disappointed this morning. Weighed myself (two weeks since my last weigh in) and I've lost 2lb. Now I'm guessing people will say that's great but when I still have 2/3's of my body to lose then this is disheartening. I too have not had the best of weeks. Starting with an Easter egg that was meant to be portioned out to last two weeks but was totally eaten in one sitting, a really lazy day that ended in take out (enough for two - my willpower was gone) and massive low periods!!! I am annoyed at myself!! I need to get my butt into gear and sort myself out! I'd been so good for 8 weeks!!!
So time to draw a line under it and move on.
I'm guessing we all get these times throughout our journey....
Good luck on yours.