Addiction fixed?

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So it appears that whilst the cravings come around once in a while, my brain has decided that it can't possibly bring itself to allow me to indulge.
I've just been shopping, craving carbs like you wouldn't believe but every time I picked them up, I put them right back down. This should be the example used to give all T2s a meter and strips because all I could think about was ruining excellent numbers if I ate that ****.
Have I finally got the upper hand on the addiction? I hope so.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope so too but you probably have. If I have any out of mealtime carbs nuts or 90% chocolate squares my sugar goes up and I crave more. Need to empty my cupboards

Reactions: Ultramum

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did your GP really give you a meter and strips? Wow!
I had the meter and strips as I was on gliclazide for a long time. They haven't noticed the change yet and I'm not about to tell them! Honestly though, if all T2s had the ability to test and see numbers, I'm convinced that there would be many, many more who would get themselves under control and therefore save the NHS loads of money in the long run.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was offered a free sample cappuccino coffee type drink in Tesco this week. I asked to look at the pack for the carb content.. 56% :wideyed: .. I refused the sample and said I was astonished how you could get that much carb into a coffee !!

I totally agree that meters should be prescribed. I always think about my readings when I'm tempted by naughties.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can see what happened to my HBA1C when I thought I was fixed in my signature. For me it's a daily battle but I hope you have cracked it.

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can see what happened to my HBA1C when I thought I was fixed in my signature. For me it's a daily battle but I hope you have cracked it.
They don't look too bad. I'd be happy to be below 42 right now. Mysugr estimates I will be 41 at my next blood test, I hope I can get it down into the 30s before that happens though. As for cracking it, I am absolutely sure I'll fall off the wagon numerous times, the cravings are too bad and too many for me to be good every time!