Diabates & Prostate

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Hi all,

Can, low or high BG levels, cause prostate problems?

Russ

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Injustice
Not completely sure, but I've not been able to find anything suggesting there is a link. There's no link in women, of course.

Russ

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Ka-Mon said:
Hi all,

Can, low or high BG levels, cause prostate problems?

Take a read of the following information from Cancer Research UK regarding the causes and risks of getting Prostate Cancer:

http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/type/prost ... and-causes

Extract:
Some studies have shown that having diabetes, and perhaps taking aspirin or other non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may reduce the risk of prostate cancer.

As a Prostate Cancer survivor I have no idea if my Diabetes was a contributory factor or not.....however, I have seen no evidence to support the view that it does. At the time I was diagnosed with the Cancer my Diabetes was under control, all BG levels were excellent and 98% on target. Personally I doubt that it had anything to do with it....just my opinion.

Ken

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Thanks for the replies, I am being investigated for prostate and urination problems. I'm having a scan and some tests done in August. I hope it's not anything as sinister as cancer.

Ken, you say that you are a Prostate Cancer surviver, have you been given the all clear? Hope you feel better now.

Thank for the link, I'll have a read later on when I have more time.

Richard157

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Rude members who tend to chase others away, trolls who pretend to be something they are not.
Ken that is an interesting link, thanks.

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2002, that was 57 years after my diabetes was diagnosed. My cancerous tumors were microscopic in size and totally contained in the gland, so no surgery was needed. Radiation treatment was done and I have now been cancer free for 7 years.

I sincerely doubt that diabetes increases the risk of prostate cancer.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Ka-Mon said:
Thanks for the replies, I am being investigated for prostate and urination problems. I'm having a scan and some tests done in August. I hope it's not anything as sinister as cancer.

Ken, you say that you are a Prostate Cancer surviver, have you been given the all clear? Hope you feel better now.

Thank for the link, I'll have a read later on when I have more time.

Ka-mon.
Have a read of one of my previous posts all about my Cancer and what I went through recently. I have been clear since March this year and hope it remains that way. I am monitored now by the Oncologist at my local Hospital after treatment at the QE Cancer Centre in Birmingham.

I hope you get the all clear with your tests but if there is anything you need to know I think I have been through most of the procedures and can give you chapter and verse ! :( I also have links which may be useful to you.

Link:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13373&start=0&hilit=cancer

Ken

Richard.
Just noticed your post....glad to hear you are another one of the lucky ones. Hope it stays that way.
Ken

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

Thanks Ken, hope I will not need your help but in case I do, I will give you a shout...very loudly.

Richard, glad you got over your cancer as well.

I'm very worried at the moment a) because it's just the beginning of my prostate problems and still waiting for a diagnoses and b) because we lost our sister to cancer about 5 weeks ago, she was only 48 years old. :cry:

Csfrowantree

Dislikes
People that dont understand diabetics and all that goes with having diabetes
Hi Ka-Mon,

Like you I have type two and have been experiencing sudden problems, had some blood and urine tests taken last week and to be honest will be releived to get an answer.
I have only been getting symptoms for a week but they came on really suddenly and I must be going to the loo about a hundred times a day.
Hope you gate the all clear.

Cheers