True Result Recall

Dazzyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just discovered a recall of trueresult meters and test strips in USA (http://www.trividiahealth.com/our_products/bgm_true_result.aspx)

My diabetes clinic at my local hospital has had numerous complaints about the accuracy and workings of True Result - so why is my GP FORCING me to change from my Contour XT - because TR is CHEAPER!!!!! NO OTHER REASON...

It's obvious that along with the nationwide scandal of test strip restrictions they just don't give a ****...

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was forced to take the True You meter by my GP and I found it to be such a nuisance. Kept losing all the readings putting wrong dates in and I couldn't set meal markers or anything when just taken a reading. I went back to my countour next USB and now have the next one, brilliant meter btw, and am funding the strips myself!

Dazzyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was forced to take the True You meter by my GP and I found it to be such a nuisance. Kept losing all the readings putting wrong dates in and I couldn't set meal markers or anything when just taken a reading. I went back to my countour next USB and now have the next one, brilliant meter btw, and am funding the strips myself!
Isn't it odd that the NHS Trusts are now CCGs - I wonder how many £millions went into that "little" change and is probably one of the reasons I can't have my XT test strips (bearing in mind the difference in cost per pot is only around £3)

Last edited:

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Isn't it odd that the NHS Trusts are now CCGs - I wonder how many £millions went into that "little" change and is probably one of the reasons I can't have my XT test strips (bearing in mind the difference in cost per post is only around £3)
Too true