New Type 1

AidanD1812

Dislikes
People who state their opinion as fact, footy fans jealous of man city, fruit and veg, indie music
I got diagnosed last Friday and spent the weekend in hospital and just got home. Don't know what else to say so hello

C

catherinecherub

Hi Aiden and a warm welcome to the forum.

Plenty of Type 1's post here and will be happy to answer any questions you have. Have a read of the Type 1 board and see if there is anything there that will help you.

Catherine.

Snodger

I'd like to say welcome too. If you are feeling a bit raw and scared, that's normal. Lots of people will help on here. You don't have to do this all by yourself.

Richard157

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Rude members who tend to chase others away, trolls who pretend to be something they are not.
hello and welcome! With hard work and good control you can have a long, healthy life. I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6. I am very healthy after 64 years of type 1. Ask all the questions you want, you will get good help here!

Richard

jodi

hi im new to this site, i have had gestational diabetes controlled by insulin twice before and not had any sign of it for 2yrs now,,, a couple of weeks ago i had blood tests done, and got a call from the doctor yesterday saying that they found something in my blood and that i have to go in next week for a fasting test,, does this mean i have diabetes now ??? and if so would it be like before (controlled with insulin)??? i really struggled when pregant with the insulin my legs we're black and blue and i really hope its not back,,, does anyone have any advice on this i wud b very greatful...x