What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - crustless quiche

Lunch - tuna mayo with rocket and baby plum tomatoes; 10 raspberries and cream

Dinner - on the stove but will be bolognese with courgetti and grated cheese

Reactions: Chook

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese omelette and mushrooms

Ham, corned beef, chicken drumsticks and cheese with salad leaves followed by 2 strawberries and cream

Lidl meatballs with broccoli and cauliflower cheese

Lidl roll (1/2) with marmite and cheese

Edited to add two sausages of unknown provenance with lunch ... !

Last edited:
Reactions: Goonergal

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Breakfast: Mushrooms sliced and fried in butter in a Lidl protein roll
Lunch: Nothing or a mug of Bovril
Dinner: Two little lamb chops with roasted chunky cut courgette / aubergine / peppers / cherry tomatoes / red onion (cooked in olive oil and flavoured with oregano, garlic and smoked paprika) then topped with some goats cheese

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and yoghurt

L. Cold pork, Camambert and a few walnuts

1 hours swimming

D. Smoked haddock, asparagus and cheese sauce. Strawberries , cream and a blob of Frank's diabetic icecream.

I have a pot of pomegranate ready for Masterchef. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and a 20g piece of cheese

Lunch - Nando's - quarter plain chicken, salad

Dinner - ribeye steak, cauliflower, broccoli

Reactions: Ultramum and pms543

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese omelette and mushrooms

Cheese and ham omelette with salad at work

Avocado smoked salmon and mushrooms

My liver seems to have sprung back into action in the mornings - getting mid 8s again :-(

Reactions: Goonergal and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm fasting today so only calorie free drinks and a mug of Bovril if I get the shakes. :)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What is it that @Chook @Ultramum and me have livers that seem to go on and off the rails about the same time? Bed 7.4 FBG 6.9 pre breakfast 9.6 what??? On decline as usual now I've eaten. Forum access was a bit intermittent yesterday so
Monday
B. 1 egg omelette with 3 Vittoria tomatoes, 2 mushrooms , 2 rashers crispy bacon , beansprouts and parsley. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
L. Nothing
D. Chicken breast with mushroom and bacon and a pile of leftover veggies from yesterday spouts, broccoli, cauliflower.
Another slice of that lemon cloud pie from yesterday.
Today - Tuesday
Brunch - 2 walnuts, boiled egg , iceberg lettuce, 3 Vittoria tomatoes, 1/3 pot prawns in Marie rose sauce. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
D. Wild salmon stir fry with mushroom stir fry veg and Thai red curry sauce.
Last slice of lemon cloud tart.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6038dc2854372a0a415898a8bbcb44b8.jpg
If anyone makes this lemon cloud tart a few words. Firstly it is delicious. Even my carb eaters had it on Sunday and agreed it was really nice. Secondly it keeps well in the fridge. Last of it will be eaten today.
Very straightforward to make but be prepared for a weird base when it comes out of the oven. For the base you have to be very precise with the measurement of the butter. Mix it well and shape it into your flan tin. When it comes out of the oven it wobbles as the butter makes it a bit liquid. She right that the sides drop down but just let it cool a bit and ease them back up the flan dish. Quite easy to do. The base does harden but it takes a lot longer than 10 mins. It has to cool properly to firm up.
You can make the curd for the filling while you wait. Once the egg yolks go in keep whisking and take it on and off the heat - it is lemon curd you are making too much heat will cook the egg yolks.
I used xylitol sugar substitute.
Great dessert for both carb and non carb eaters. Gluten Free too.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What is it that @Chook @Ultramum and me have livers that seem to go on and off the rails about the same time? Bed 7.4 FBG 6.9 pre breakfast 9.6 what???.

Strange, isn't it. :). I did once manage to get rid of it with intermittent fasting but sadly it wasn't gone forever.

Reactions: Ultramum

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Almond roll

L. Camambert and walnuts

1 hour continuous swimming

D. Smoked haddock, sugar snaps, asparagus with cheese sauce. Strawberries and yoghurt with blob of Frank's diabetic icecream.

Pomegranate pot is in the fridge if needed. :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre-breakfast - couple of teaspoons of extra thick double cream: feeling unusually hungry on waking and that's usually a cue for my liver. Seemed to work a bit as went up only 0.6mmols to 6.7 from 6.1 on waking.

Breakfast - crustless quiche

Lunch - cold chicken left over from the weekend roast, salad

Dinner - sea bass fillet cooked in butter, with a squeeze of lemon juice; sautéed courgette and onion, washed down with a couple of teaspoons of cream

Reactions: Ultramum and Mal37

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks lovely, I don't have time to make bread though
It ďoesn't really take that long to make. I make them usually when hubby is watching sport on the TV. Last batch took me about 30 mins tops to put together and get in the oven but I'm used to them now.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Er... nuts.

Yup.

Nuts.

I sort of forgot breakfast. Work was chaos, so I nearly forgot lunch. And just grabbed a 200g bag of black pepper cashews that was just... kind of... lying there.

And then they all disappeared somehow.

And then it was suppertime and I had a small portion of crackslaw that I didn't really need...

so basically, it was cashews. Blood sugar spot on all day. Felt great. Wonder what tomorrow will bring... ;)

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
B. Porridge made with coconut milk, flaxseeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, raspberries and drizzled with double cream (yum)
L Grilled salmon fillet, coated in olive oil and chives, served with green beans, brussel sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli.
D. Two egg cheese and tomato omelette
2 squares 85% Lindt choc as a treat

Pauline2015

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If anyone makes this lemon cloud tart a few words. Firstly it is delicious. Even my carb eaters had it on Sunday and agreed it was really nice. Secondly it keeps well in the fridge. Last of it will be eaten today.
Very straightforward to make but be prepared for a weird base when it comes out of the oven. For the base you have to be very precise with the measurement of the butter. Mix it well and shape it into your flan tin. When it comes out of the oven it wobbles as the butter makes it a bit liquid. She right that the sides drop down but just let it cool a bit and ease them back up the flan dish. Quite easy to do. The base does harden but it takes a lot longer than 10 mins. It has to cool properly to firm up.
You can make the curd for the filling while you wait. Once the egg yolks go in keep whisking and take it on and off the heat - it is lemon curd you are making too much heat will cook the egg yolks.
I used xylitol sugar substitute.
Great dessert for both carb and non carb eaters. Gluten Free too.
Hi maglil55
Mmm sounds really good. Can you please give the recipe for this lemon cloud tart as it will be my birthday on Thursday and I would like to make it for a dessert after tea instead of the usual fruit and yoghurt. It will make a nice change.

Pauline xx