Itchy head?

sadiek1804

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, does anyone else suffer with itchy head? Iam type 2 on tablets and insulin. It keep getting tiny spots in my head that become extremely itchy - it's not nits, I've checked I also get them in my nose sometimes too.
It's hard to describe

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have noticed my skin changing quite a lot as my BG levels dropped, lots of hard bits coming out of pores and my hair requiring washing more - perhaps it is changes in blood supply or hormones being increased or lowered?
Hopefully it will soon pass or you'll find some way to deal with it. It might be worth mentioning to your doctor or nurse if you have an appointment in the near future.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I get upper body and arms deep itching!
It's a deep burning itch into my bones and nothing but anti histamine will help.
Or ice! But I can't sleep with ice on my both arms!!!!

I have no idea why! Nor my doctors and dsns!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you on any medication which could cause itching? @Lamont D
Read all the leaflets in the packaging, as often doctors and nurses seem to have no idea of side effects - I still have marks from where I scratched myself when I was taking Metformin and a statin - it was truly fiendish.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hi, does anyone else suffer with itchy head? Iam type 2 on tablets and insulin. It keep getting tiny spots in my head that become extremely itchy - it's not nits, I've checked I also get them in my nose sometimes too.
It's hard to describe

It could be psoriasis. I've got it and did some reading about it and it's quite common for diabetics to get it. I found the really expensive type of T/gel helped with it and I now get it in prescription from my GP.

sadiek1804

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It could be psoriasis. I've got it and did some reading about it and it's quite common for diabetics to get it. I found the really expensive type of T/gel helped with it and I now get it in prescription from my GP.

I don't think it's that's as they are like bites rather than a rash
Could be my meds - started a new drug about a month ago so maybe that?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Are they hard little itchy lumps? If so then that's how the psoriasis in my scalp presented. If you scratch then they can get infected.

kiwifrank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, Arrogance and warm beer
I had similar lower legs, calfs and inner thigh, QV cream works for me

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I get upper body and arms deep itching!
It's a deep burning itch into my bones and nothing but anti histamine will help.
Or ice! But I can't sleep with ice on my both arms!!!!

I have no idea why! Nor my doctors and dsns!
The liver can affect the skin/secretions.
How was your last liver results?
You too @sadiek1804 ?

Darts_lad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
It's hard to describe
Yeah. Its normal if your on tablets. It does get better, it's when your skin is slightly drying out. Nothing to worry about )

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I take 1 SR metformin 500mg
1 x forxgia 10mg
2 x vit d tablets
26 units 2 x daily of novomix 30
1x 40mg citlopram

The forxgia is the newest addition
What does the newest addition do that the older addition didn't?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I've had this too. It drove me mad! At first I thought they were insect bites as I'd been walking in an area with lots of midges/ gnats but the condition kept returning. I'm still not sure what is causing it but it's under control at the moment.I found Nizoral shampoo helped. Head and Shoulders Itchy Scalp shampoo also deadened the itchiness temporarily. Hope this helps.

Reactions: sadiek1804

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Drink plenty of water @sadiek1804 . It could be your body kicking out impurities. If it doesn't settle down mention to dr. If weeping or discharge or blood see gp sooner.

Reactions: sadiek1804

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Can I ask which fingers you use for testing? I limit to using my middle and index fingers ( both outside edges) as I remember reading advice to avoid the others but can't remember the reasons. Please advise as my fingers are getting really sore and bruised with regular testing. Thanks folks.