Tingling and Cold Hands & Feet

not-so-lucky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there are any home remedies that people have tried and tested for tingling in their hands and feet? - I've noticed it coming on more and more recently and particlarly when I'm laid in bed at night, to the point where on occasion I'm having trouble getting to sleep.

I already have Retinopathy and Kidney problems on top of depression and this is kicking me in the guts too now (huff)

Any help would be gratefully recieved

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Alpha Lipoic Acid and vitamin B12 is what many people take to help with symptoms of neuropathy.

How are your blood sugar levels? Keeping them as low as possible helps.

not-so-lucky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My average at the moment is around 7mmol (generally) I was high for a long time and now coming back down to earth and not letting it ever get above 12 anymore - which is one relief, just annoyed I've developed complications along the way through not paying enough attention earlier in the diseases progress - HeyHo n' all that; keeping on battling

Reactions: Tanny35

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Alpha lipoic acid certainly helped me. The pins and needles in my left arm that I had for nine months lifted a week into taking them. I have @ickihun to thank for that

Reactions: not-so-lucky

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My average at the moment is around 7mmol (generally) I was high for a long time and now coming back down to earth and not letting it ever get above 12 anymore - which is one relief, just annoyed I've developed complications along the way through not paying enough attention earlier in the diseases progress - HeyHo n' all that; keeping on battling
A low carb diet will help. You can buy Alpha Lipoic Acid tables on Amazon. People take up to 600 Mg daily. It does reduce blood sugars, so you need to be aware of this. Best to take when having a meal.

Last edited:

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ALA doesn't reduce everyone's blood sugar, it has had no affect on mine.
You will get more benefit from taking pure R-ALA, the naturally occurring kind. Its a lot more expensive but you don't need 600mg a day as its so much more effective and bioavailable than the cheaper mix variety.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
That's right @Juicetin . R-ala doesn't reduce bgs but it reduces your insulin resistance. I reduced my insulin inj units by a third when I used it.
It got rid of my numb baby toes (underneath). I used 80% r-ala. It was expensive but worth every penny.
I will be restarting it again if my insulin resistance doesn't settle down on a new insulin regime. I'll give it 6 mths to settle in first thou so I can evaluate its full impact.

not-so-lucky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the input guys, I'll take a look into it and report back on Progress - thanks for the support :)

Reactions: ickihun

Christine McMillan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there are any home remedies that people have tried and tested for tingling in their hands and feet? - I've noticed it coming on more and more recently and particlarly when I'm laid in bed at night, to the point where on occasion I'm having trouble getting to sleep.

I already have Retinopathy and Kidney problems on top of depression and this is kicking me in the guts too now (huff)

Any help would be gratefully recieved

You also mentioned cold hands and feet. I have Raynaulds Syndrome from as long as I can remember. I sleep with socks on a great part of the year - I just vary how thick the socks are. I'd wear fingerless gloves if my hands were too cold in the day - but as I'm not working I can also just put on extra layers instead. And thermals. I also get cold ears and wear ear muffs a lot more than many people would. Fortunately so far it hasn't deteriorated since I was diagnosed as a T2 (diet controlled) 11 years ago.

Reactions: andydry100

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
I used to get that tingling a lot. Not had it since I went low carb, in fact I had forgotten all about it!