Itchy head?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Are you on any medication which could cause itching? @Lamont D
Read all the leaflets in the packaging, as often doctors and nurses seem to have no idea of side effects - I still have marks from where I scratched myself when I was taking Metformin and a statin - it was truly fiendish.
I have checked through my meds and I'm certain it isn't them.
Also I had this itch before my meds started.
My liver is fine, compared to before diagnosis when I had NAFL, and getting worse

sadiek1804

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I ask which fingers you use for testing? I limit to using my middle and index fingers ( both outside edges) as I remember reading advice to avoid the others but can't remember the reasons. Please advise as my fingers are getting really sore and bruised with regular testing. Thanks folks.

Same here :(

uptome

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had this too. It drove me mad! At first I thought they were insect bites as I'd been walking in an area with lots of midges/ gnats but the condition kept returning. I'm still not sure what is causing it but it's under control at the moment.I found Nizoral shampoo helped. Head and Shoulders Itchy Scalp shampoo also deadened the itchiness temporarily. Hope this helps.
I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2013. I didn't react to it, since I had had a number of symptoms which identified me as having the the signs long before I was diagnosed.. I was also working with a colleague who had type 1 who had told me the itching was one of the signs of diabetes. Since being diagnosed my weight has gone up as well as down.
There is something I have noticed about my own diabetes it that when I walk for any length of time I start to get an itchy scalp. This is has become a bit of a nuisance I had thought was it due to me walking. I now have realized that when I walk and I get my itchy scalp my sugar has lowered. When I arrive back after my walk I take something sweet. Within a couple of minutes of taking something sweet, including honey, my itching has stopped and my head and the rest of me feels fine. No itching, No blurred vision. I am not testing since the NHS do not now issue the test strips to type 2 diabetics. It has come about that if your diabetic today and not meaning to make this political, if you are not being issued with test strips, it is very much down to yourself, to know your own body and the signs it give you. I too have tried the shampoo's, but only to have the itching come back. I am not saying it is the same for yourself, but if like me you walk or do anything physical and then find you are itching or have some other reaction, then you can always try something sweet and see whether it has any effect. If it does work, then you may need to see your diabetic nurse and let him / her know. Keep an eye on those carbs.

Tn15

Hi, does anyone else suffer with itchy head? Iam type 2 on tablets and insulin. It keep getting tiny spots in my head that become extremely itchy - it's not nits, I've checked I also get them in my nose sometimes too.
It's hard to describe
Hi I am new.i have a very,very itchy scalp and wondered if it could be my insulin is causing it.i use novomix 30

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I get upper body and arms deep itching!
It's a deep burning itch into my bones and nothing but anti histamine will help.
Or ice! But I can't sleep with ice on my both arms!!!!

I have no idea why! Nor my doctors and dsns!
@Lamont D do you still get this?
Does anti histamines make you irritable?