What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi maglil55
Mmm sounds really good. Can you please give the recipe for this lemon cloud tart as it will be my birthday on Thursday and I would like to make it for a dessert after tea instead of the usual fruit and yoghurt. It will make a nice change.

Pauline xx
http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2016/05/lemon-cloud-pie-low-carb-gluten-free.html

This is it Pauline. It uses the USA cups to measure the ingredients which I don't mind. If you would rather metric or imperial you can get converters online but 2/3 cup is about 80g 1/2 cup 60g.
As I said above the base is a bit weird. The reason I said watch the butter measurement is I had to dab my base with kitchen towel to remove fat. I guessed a bit too much. Don't be put off by it being wobbly when it cones out of the oven it will harden and it tastes really good against the tartness of the curd.
Cheese omelette and mushrooms

Ham, corned beef, chicken drumsticks and cheese with salad leaves followed by 2 strawberries and cream

Lidl meatballs with broccoli and cauliflower cheese

Lidl roll (1/2) with marmite and cheese

Edited to add two sausages of unknown provenance with lunch ... !

Reactions: Ultramum and mo53

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Egg bacon and mushrooms

Not decided yet but may involve smoked salmon, mushrooms and avocado

Fathead pizza

Wondering whether to have a go at the lemon cloud pie to take down to parents at the weekend ...

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Day two of fasting, so
B: Black coffee
L: Tetley Redbush with vanilla tea
D: Mug of Bovril
Snacks: Herbal or fruit teas, caffeine free diet coke, more black coffee

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Er... nuts.

Yup.

Nuts.

I sort of forgot breakfast. Work was chaos, so I nearly forgot lunch. And just grabbed a 200g bag of black pepper cashews that was just... kind of... lying there.

And then they all disappeared somehow.

And then it was suppertime and I had a small portion of crackslaw that I didn't really need...

so basically, it was cashews. Blood sugar spot on all day. Felt great. Wonder what tomorrow will bring... ;)
...and my mind immediately went 'whole hazelnuts Cadbury's take them and they cover them with chocolate
Sadly Kraft doesn't sound quite the same.

Reactions: Ultramum

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed on 7 , FBG also 7 and peaked at 8.9 30 mins after breakfast. Now keeping a supply of boiled eggs as a grab and go breakfast.
B. Boiled egg with a teaspoon of Helmanns.
L. Remains of prawns from yesterday with small avocado, iceberg lettuce, 3 cherry tomatoes, few bacon bits, 1/2 egg and Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
D. More leftovers. Remains of yesterday's wild Alaskan salmon stir fry with mushroom stir fry veg and Thai red curry sauce.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello
B. Almond roll

L. Camambert and walnuts

1 hour continuous swimming

D. Smoked haddock, sugar snaps, asparagus with cheese sauce. Strawberries and yoghurt with blob of Frank's diabetic icecream.

Pomegranate pot is in the fridge if needed. :)

What's an almond roll? I love almonds :) and pre-D used to treat myself with those luscious almond croissants.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Chook it is just a roll made with ground almonds. It's on the Internet as Lauren's fluffy biscuit. I make them in a muffin tray and use them like a bread roll.

Today
B. Strawberries with yoghurt

L. Camambert with walnuts

1 hours continuous swimming

Crust less quiche with salad. Strawberries with franks diabetic icecream :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried a couple of teaspoons of cream again after getting up. Not so successful today - up from 6.1 on waking to 7.3 before breakfast.

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs and 20g cheese

Lunch - the last of the weekend's leftover chicken with salad

Dinner - home made burgers with feta, onion, tomato and spinach, with buttered cabbage and sprouts; 2 teaspoons of cream

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L: Small portion of left over shep pie with a coli mash topping, strawbs and cream
S: Nuts (I have munched 5 bags on 200g peanuts in the last 7 days - now out of stock :D)
D: Chicken and lardons cooked in white wine, dijon mustard, cheese and cream sauce with konjac and PASTA!! Not too much pasta for me. Then 2 squares of 76% chocolate orange
4.7 pre dinner and 5.6 afters

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
L: Small portion of left over shep pie with a coli mash topping, strawbs and cream
S: Nuts (I have munched 5 bags on 200g peanuts in the last 7 days - now out of stock :D)
D: Chicken and lardons cooked in white wine, dijon mustard, cheese and cream sauce with konjac and PASTA!! Not too much pasta for me. Then 2 squares of 76% chocolate orange
4.7 pre dinner and 5.6 afters

B: 1 slice toasted cheese. L: Mushroom/ cheese omelette & salad garnish. D: 1 slice wholemeal bread topped with tinned tuna in sunflower oil. Snacks: walnuts. 2 squares 70% dark choc. Drinks: Black teas/ 1 naughty latte. ( 6.2 Pre dinner, lowest for several weeks).

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Two day fast is over, so

Breakfast: eggs, bacon, chipolatas, mushrooms, grilled tomato
Lunch: Nothing
Dinner: Tikka'd little lamb chops (grilled), avocado, romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion - and maybe some goat's cheese if there's any left.

Pauline2015

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2016/05/lemon-cloud-pie-low-carb-gluten-free.html

This is it Pauline. It uses the USA cups to measure the ingredients which I don't mind. If you would rather metric or imperial you can get converters online but 2/3 cup is about 80g 1/2 cup 60g.
As I said above the base is a bit weird. The reason I said watch the butter measurement is I had to dab my base with kitchen towel to remove fat. I guessed a bit too much. Don't be put off by it being wobbly when it cones out of the oven it will harden and it tastes really good against the tartness of the curd.

Thank you maglil55 looks delicious going to try and make it at weekend x

Reactions: Chook

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B - Greek style yogurt and a few berries
L - 1/2 a lidl protein roll and poached egg

Tonight's dinner is homemade kebab meat ( hairy dieters recipe omitting the flour) with salad and homemade coleslaw

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheese omelette with bacon and mushrooms

Smoked salmon with mushrooms and avocado plus mayo

Fathead pizza (cold leftovers as travelling down to see the parents)

Tomorrow breakfast will be my 25g of macadamia nuts plus 2 Babybels
Lunch will be in a pub on the way to seeing my aunt - gammon or steak and salad likely choice
Dinner will likely be fish and chips - have bought some Lidl rolls and plan to have the fish out of the batter on top of the roll - I can just imagine the comments I will get from my step father - we still have a bit of a love/hate relationship after 40 years!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cheese omelette with bacon and mushrooms

Smoked salmon with mushrooms and avocado plus mayo

Fathead pizza (cold leftovers as travelling down to see the parents)

Tomorrow breakfast will be my 25g of macadamia nuts plus 2 Babybels
Lunch will be in a pub on the way to seeing my aunt - gammon or steak and salad likely choice
Dinner will likely be fish and chips - have bought some Lidl rolls and plan to have the fish out of the batter on top of the roll - I can just imagine the comments I will get from my step father - we still have a bit of a love/hate relationship after 40 years!

Don't say anything to your step father unless pushed - then say that they just don't seem to agree with you recently. Not a lie....

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Strawberries and yoghurt

L. Corned beef with horseradish sauce

D. Leftover crust less flan with salad. Strawberries and yoghurt and a little bit of water melon.

Any snack tonight will have to be Stilton or peanut butter

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feeling a bit off but at least it explains the higher readings. This morning was ghastly but the fall started at 11am and continued downwards. Currently quite settled again.
B/L thin Slice of ham, iceberg lettuce,, 3 cherry tomatoes, boiled egg, bacon bits, helmanns and Tassimo morning coffee.
D. Iceberg lettuce, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, 2 thin Slices Mortadella, 4 small chicken wings, boiled egg and helmanns.
Cup of vegetable bouillon and a couple of Walnuts.
A lot of water , paracetamol and First Defence.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Should have said it was bed on 7.1 FBG 8.5 and horror of horrors 10.2 before it started to descend. The joys of a lurking bug.