Useful apps

sigita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I'm fighting with my high and low sugar levels but I feel like loosing this battle. Can anyone share some useful apps which find useful with type 1?

Reactions: TeamHard2017

hynes48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @sigita

I use the Mysugr app for tracking my BG readings and carb intake. Personally, I think it is the best app out there. I also use Carb & Cals app for carb counting. It gives you a visual of the portion size and the related carbs....handy for those awkward moments when you don't have a weighing scales in your back pocket;)

Reactions: sigita

Fergie1985

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @sigita
I use the DAFNE app to keep track of glucose level readings aswell as carb portions. Carbs and Cals is a really good app aswell to see rough portions and how many carbs are in what you are eating! Xx

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @sigita - Please tell us some more about what insulins you are on and what your daily routine looks like ? If you are struggling with going high/low there may be ways to help you control this as you could be re-bounding off hypos or may have issues with bolus timing at meal times.

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
I use the mySugr app and it helped me a lot to control again after months of lung infections

sigita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @sigita - Please tell us some more about what insulins you are on and what your daily routine looks like ? If you are struggling with going high/low there may be ways to help you control this as you could be re-bounding off hypos or may have issues with bolus timing at meal times.

I use Lantus and novorapid. My routine is mess because I work nights, some days going to college, two little once I need take to school... I try be healthy, eat healthy food, basically non junk food or alcohol. One thing is coming to my head- hormones ☹️☹️☹️ one week it seems ok, other- hypo everyday ☹️

PI3.14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @sigita

I use the Mysugr app for tracking my BG readings and carb intake. Personally, I think it is the best app out there. I also use Carb & Cals app for carb counting. It gives you a visual of the portion size and the related carbs....handy for those awkward moments when you don't have a weighing scales in your back pocket;)

I use both of these apps too - and they're both great. I'm in Australia and here there is another great app called CalorieKing. It has carb content etc and you can change the portion size to work out your numbers. For example 1 cup of Food X has 15g carbs. If you only want 1/2 cup it will recalculate all the numbers dynamically. Has all major food brands and fast food outlets too. Admittedly it's got an Aussie slant to it but if you ignored the brand names and looked at the generic foods it should give you good insight into carb content of the foods you like to eat

Reactions: sigita