Low carb bread

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
hi I've just received my Livlife low carb bread at just 3.8g of carbs per slice to try, anybody else tried this? It looks good!

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Nobody tried it?

Winterwatch

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Bought some for the first time this week. Had been eating a different low carb bread daily before that. Think I may be making the switch to Livlife, though - very nice tasting.

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
I've tried it, but most of the loaf is still languishing in the freezer. It's a bit like cotton wool, and doesn't toast well. I've found that a small slice of stoneground from the baker's is preferable and doesn't spike me too much, but Lidl's protein rolls are the best overall. Has anyone tried Morrison's protein bread?

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I have tried it I did not like it. They do sell a similar one in Sainsbury's can't remember the name it is a bit nicer than LivLife but the slices are tiny. I think people tend to prefer Burgen Soya and Linseed bread

PS I think the Sainsbury's loaf is called HiLo

Last edited:

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is the Morrisons protein bread? I love the Lidl protein rolls but we don't have a Lidl nearby. There us a big Morrisons s though. Is the Morrisons one called s particular name

D

Deleted member 308541

I found this yesterday looking for the bread the OP mentioned.

This bread mix from the Protein Bread Co. here in Australia is 1.5 grams carbs per slice.

There is shop close to where we go shopping, so may call in and get a couple of bags to try.