New to this! help!

emmaa_xx

Dislikes
Diabetes?
Hi,
Im emma as you may have guessed!
Type 1 diabetes and today im havin a bad day with it all of a sudden
think its the first time actualy and ive had it 6 years or more.

Just wantin someone who understands it all as everyone is getting annoyed with me!

Hi Emma, My names Harry.

Ive only had type 1 diabetes for about 3 weeks so i cant say i know as much as you.
But i know how you feel, no1 really understands me and family getting annoyed cos im always tired and moody.

Would be realy nice to chat to you x

:)

emmaa_xx

Dislikes
Diabetes?
Yehh its been ook
Apart from now my third hypo today!
Getting pretty sick of it to be honest
Your day??

emmaa_xx

Dislikes
Diabetes?
Yehh its really not :/ in such a mood about it its untrue!
Im tryin to lose like a stone in errr 3 weeks so tryin exercise as much as i can
so i reckon thats makin my blood sugars drop lower than normal. Probly not my greatest idea!
36 means nothin to me!!
im from the uk
American??

Lynne C

Hi Emmaa

Every diabetic has good days and bad days, trust me! You can eat the same food, do the same amount of exercise and your blood sugars can be totally different, you just have to adjust your fast acting insulin to control it. It really is a day by day thing.

Tell Harry who was talking to you that if his BG is 36 it's now wonder he is tired, he's lucky not to be in a coma at that level and needs to get it down fast!

Lynne C

emmaa_xx

Dislikes
Diabetes?
Yeah. Yesterday was deffinatly a bad day!
I just don't think i've got a good idea of how much insulin to be taking.
Not to worry as i've got an appointment with my nurse tomorrow anyway.

I thought most machines didn't read up to 36??
Im sure mine only gets to like 25 ish then just says HI at me.
First time i thought the machine was just being friendly! haha.
Obviously joking :)

mindii

Dislikes
rude or over opinionated, over bearing people. liars,
the rain and the cold!
Hey Emma,
The friendly meter ....... nice ....... I wish that was true!!!
Hope you got on well at the nurse today, hopefully she gave you a wee bit of insight into insulin to carb ratio's that will make it a bit easier for you to control you're sugars or at least understand them!!

Got to say tho sweeti not too sure a stone in like 3 weeks is that good an idea!! but good luck!
As Lynne C says everyone has good and bad days and some that just plain don't make sense ! so to both you and Harry Stick in there and (I hate this saying - it makes me feel old) chin up!!! :p :p