CO Enzyme Q10

julie...57

Hi Does anyone have any opinon on this supplement they say its a must if you are taking statins. I have read alittle about it but wondered if anyone else who is diabetic type 2 uses it. I have stoppped taking statins as I could function (ie Had to keep resting or sleeping most of the day no energy to much trouble to even wash up) Thanks, Julie

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I take a Statin and never had to use CQ10. I still have good results. I only take meds I need to not something that somebody reckons is a 'must'.........if it works for you then go for it. Personally no chance. It has been discussed on here before in various threads.
Ken

sorefinger

Dislikes
people who upset me
I take statins and have been told that CQ10 is not to be taken by diabetics as it upsets the blood sugar levels...

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
sorefinger said:
I take statins and have been told that CQ10 is not to be taken by diabetics as it upsets the blood sugar levels...

That's one opinion, doesn't quite match up with many other ones I found though. As I don't take it I can't say who is right or wrong.....however here is an opposite view with a link.

There is a debate about this in some places. We have members on here who use it with no ill effects and have benefited from it in many ways. Check out this link from the University of Maryland Medical Centre:
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/coen ... 000295.htm

Diabetes
CoQ10 supplements may improve heart health and blood sugar and help manage high cholesterol and high blood pressure in individuals with diabetes. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease are all common problems associated with diabetes. Despite some concern that CoQ10 may cause a sudden and dramatic drop in blood sugar (called hypoglycemia), two recent clinical studies in people with diabetes given CoQ10, 200 mg 2 times daily, showed no hypoglycemic response. If you have diabetes, talk to your doctor or registered dietitian before using CoQ10.

There are many more if you do a search on the net, some with conflicting advice........ :|

Ken