Pcos in remission on long term Metformin.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi
I just feel I need to share this with Pcos sufferers.

I'm once again in Pcos remission due long term Metformin.

I'm delighted. I only found out by chance. An abdomenal scan which was able to pick up ovaries too.

I've always sang Metformin's praises but I can official declare it's a metformin only treatment result.
I currently cannot walk much due to lower back pain (being investigated).
I'm weighing 20st+ so not due to keeping weight low.

My periods are now regular and I can rely on their pain severity, every other month (maybe due to clubbed right ovary with adhersions on skin like cover).

I'm more relaxed about my Pcos status.
Thank you Metformin and all the medical teams who use it on their patients.

Just goes to show Metformin helps with a multitude of conditions. It is a life saver for my higher bgs too.

I had to stop it's treatment for 3 days surrounding my coronary angiogram, which went well. My bgs jumped up 2-3mmol/l after every meal without it and higher fbgs too.
Resumed it's treatment yesterday and looking forward to a 1-2kg weight loss on weigh-in friday next week.
Appetite depressant or just carb craving blocker? What's another thread, me thinks.

Well done to everyone managing Metformin not just for diabetes but for other medical conditions!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramum

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its good to hear this, it will give hope to other Pcos sufferers

Hotpepper20000

I'm so happy it has helped you!!
I also have PCOS and believe that Metformin has helped with many of the symptoms I had. I eat low carb with moderate fat as well. I think those two things have helped my average BG go from 14 to 6.8 and lose 59 pounds.