Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

grant12888

I hate you people with your low blood sugar levels. I am Type 2 and have been on a strict low carb diet for 3 months Whilst I have lost 2.5 stone in weight I cant get my blood sugar low despite 4 metformin a day. First thing in the mornung always 8 point something this morning 10. The lowest reading Ive had during the day is 6,4. Dont know what else to do

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hate you people with your low blood sugar levels. I am Type 2 and have been on a strict low carb diet for 3 months Whilst I have lost 2.5 stone in weight I cant get my blood sugar low despite 4 metformin a day. First thing in the mornung always 8 point something this morning 10. The lowest reading Ive had during the day is 6,4. Dont know what else to do

maybe you should count your proteins as well, if you eat too many proteins more than the body need for maintenance, then the liver converts the excess into glucose as well, most not bodybuilding persons do need around 0.8-1 gram of protein pro kg bodyweight a day. If a person weigh 100 kg then he/she would need like 80 grams of pure protein, one egg is 7-8 gram of pure protein

daily exercise will probably also help you

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Hi @grant12888 there are many who will offer advice, but maybe open a new thread in the low carb forum. Try and give as much info about your numbers and lifestyle.

Reactions: Prem51 and gunner10

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wish I could help with the numbers, but I hope that perseverance will pay off. Stick with us please.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

My blood sugar level is coming down (very slowly with a few hiccoughs) but not my weight ... Swap?

D

Deleted member 308541

6.1 today still coming down a good sign will try and get to @Tipetoo's pot to get some fives
emoji3.png

I found a high four in the pot just now, so there may be more.

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
As requested in another thread.... state your fasting numbers here.
My fasting level today 8.3.:( ****. Over to other T2s now....
HI - my FBS is usually below the normal top limit of 100 [ 5.55] but the other morning it was 103, so I tested again without delay and it was 94, then tested again it was 109. Am RATHER DISAPPOINTED in the accuracy of my little Accuchek Active meter !!! I had already noticed some erratic results, as I have been recording my diet, and somtimes after a sensible day of veggies etc I recorded rather high morning figures, on the other hand sometimes after a day of overindulging in fruits , sweet things, pie, beer wine etc it recorded rather lower ! We must hope for more accurate meters. Do you know of any which are better than the plus or minus 15% quoted ? That is a 30% error possibility so it's like trying to measure something with a bent ruler.