Ice cream

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @jackthelad69 I agree, the salted caramel is my favourite too, But I can't wait to try the new Chocolate Hazelnut flavour.
OPPO will be bringing out more flavours over the summer.

Reactions: Ultramum and mo53

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh you lucky people.
I live in a Waitrose-free zone.
Yes, we have Sainsburys, Tescos, Lidl's, Aldi's, Spars, independents and Morrisons, but when I last checked, they weren't stocking Oppo.

Tescos do stock Perfect World icecream, but so far, have only found one flavour in our local store (carrot cake) which left a lot to be desired.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have a small local Coop. Will check, but their freezer section is minute. :( so not holding out much hope...

Last time I have a whinge about this (I am good at whinging) someone mentioned Ocado. Which would be a great idea, if I could face setting up an Ocado delivery, just for icecream.

Yeah, I know, just call me Mrs Yes, BUT...

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have a small local Coop. Will check, but their freezer section is minute. :( so not holding out much hope...

Last time I have a whinge about this (I am good at whinging) someone mentioned Ocado. Which would be a great idea, if I could face setting up an Ocado delivery, just for icecream.

Yeah, I know, just call me Mrs Yes, BUT...
http://www.oppoicecream.co.uk/storefinder/
Looks like they have most of the country covered these days... and of course setting up an account with Ocado is fine for an ice cream delivery!!
They have expanded their coverage hugely since I last checked..

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @jackthelad69 I agree, the salted caramel is my favourite too, But I can't wait to try the new Chocolate Hazelnut flavour.

I had the chocolate flavour one last weekend. It's delicious. Haven't tried any of the other flavours.

There's a £1 off coupon on the Oppo website and Waitrose accepted it alongside their offer price, so got a tub for £2.74

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I set up an Ocado account, but have never used it as yet. They keep sending me emails to say I will get £25 off my first shop.
I think there is probably a minimum spend (£40?) to get that. It might be worth setting up the account, then buying lots of OPPO, if you have enough freezer space. Or buy other stuff as well. Better still wait until they are doing a one third off offer on OPPO, which they do from time to time.

Reactions: mo53 and Brunneria

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just had my first tub of this (currently on offer at Ocado) and as I'm a great lover of all things chocolate and hazelnut, I'm in a sort of Oppo heaven, but I hope they'll do this flavour in the mini tubs too. I don't have much space in our freezer due to a stockpiling husband so can only get 1 big or, at a squeeze, 3 mini Oppos at a time...!! :(:(

@Prem51 - watch that Ocado minimum spend offer as when I signed up last autumn it was £80 for the £25 discount!! :wideyed: £40 is the min spend limit for normal orders/deliveries.

Robbity

Reactions: Ultramum

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
don't have much space in our freezer due to a stockpiling husband
I know what you mean about this! Recently gone from an ancient chest freezer to an upright one with drawers. One drawer is definitely just for me - eg my lidl rolls, frozen raspberries/blueberries and of course a tub or two of Oppo ice cream tucked safely at the back. And fish fingers for when the grandchildren come for tea.

Reactions: Ultramum and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I got a bigger fridge/freezer with more freezer space last year, and the freezer drawers are always full. I'm thinking about getting a chest freezer too.

Reactions: Ultramum

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've managed to claim a drawer in our fridge freezer too, but all my fish, meat and batch low carb cooked stuff had to fit into that - the rest's choc-a-bloc with goodness knows what in little unlabelled packages...:wideyed::eek: We also have a tiny chest freezer in the garage but I've only recently managed to sneak in a few chicken thighs for the dogs - labelled as such! :D

Oppo have a map that gives the locations of their various stockists, so it may be worth checking for any available in your area.

Robbity

Reactions: Mongolia and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Prem51 - watch that Ocado minimum spend offer as when I signed up last autumn it was £80 for the £25 discount!! :wideyed: £40 is the min spend limit for normal orders/deliveries.
Robbity
@Robbity. I just placed my first Ocado order (including 6 tubs of the OPPO choc/hazelnut) ice cream.
There was a minimum spend of £60 to use the £20 off voucher.
The Chocolate Hazelnut OPPO is on offer on Ocado for £3.33 (one third off). It wasn't even shown on the Waitrose site.
It will be delivered tomorrow morning. :)

alinofruit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think many people here would eat it anyway. I have been having a battle with Waitrose as I thought anything labelled "Diabetic" was now banned.. they seem to be down to their last tub in my local store and have started stocking Oppo so that's where my pennies are going...

Love oppo I have a couple of melon scoops with some Greek yogurt amazing treat

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ooh I must try this, we don't have a Waitrose that close to us, but by coincidence I am going to be in the town that does have one this Thursday after school!! might have to get some and try it......purely for research purposes!!!!!;)