Would being in constant pain affect my BG ?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @Reddog - 6.8 is within range, is that 2 hours after you have eaten? Or was it your fasting result first thing this morning?
There is a Thread where most people post their fasting blood result = Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose on a morning?
Pleased to read that you are having a better day - pain wise.
As I have said in a previous post, the pain varies from day to day and joint to joint with me. Today got pain in my right hip and right shoulder, and left knee and left hand. Didn't have a good night's sleep and got a 7.6 fasting this morning on getting up. But, that's better than what it has been over the past couple of days. :)

Reddog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Liam my fasting has never been below 10!!, 6.8 was before lunch, I will check again later.

As I'm typing I can feel some pain coming back,so off for a rub down.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @Reddog :) - Sorry to read that your fastings are not below 10. Have you tried eating supper before bed? It works for some people but not all - eat some cooked meat, boiled egg, Greek Yoghurt, pieces of Cheese or small handful of unsalted nuts. It might work for you and give you a lower fasting blood sugar on a morning.
Hope you have a better nights sleep - free of pain! (I know only too well what it is like to lack sleep because of Pain).

Reddog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Reddog :) - Sorry to read that your fastings are not below 10. Have you tried eating supper before bed? It works for some people but not all - eat some cooked meat, boiled egg, Greek Yoghurt, pieces of Cheese or small handful of unsalted nuts. It might work for you and give you a lower fasting blood sugar on a morning.
Hope you have a better nights sleep - free of pain! (I know only too well what it is like to lack sleep because of Pain).

Usually have my main meal around 18.30 [Last night Rump steak/ Salad] I'm never hungry or ineed of food before bed? but since using the gel I have no need of Nurofen at the moment, had an uninterrupted nights sleep free from any pain

I may try a little snack before bed & check the results??

Cheers mate.