Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing for breakfast as I wasn't hungry. No lunch as I left it at home.
Dinner was a slice of Diet Doctor Meat Pie (soooo good) and a salad.

1954jessy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
B. Special k nourish
L. Nairn crackers with small tin red salmon.
D. Liver bacon cauliflower greens and purple sprouting
Snacks orange and apple.

Help. Why is my bgs going up

Reactions: Nidge247

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
There are, I'll admit, some real positives to the LCHF diet - other than the diabetes control thingy - I love black pudding! Therefore;

Breakfast - black pudding and Camembert omelette, cup of tea (black, unsweetened)
Mid morning - mug of coffee with cream
Lunch - green salad (lots of leafy things, tomatoes, olive oil) and a pork and apple burger - diced and mixed in, mug of coffee with more cream

Aren't I a good boy!? I hope so, as today's BG reading first thing was 12.9.

Evening meal tonight is in the lap of the Gods - more correctly, my wife's desire to cook something. Probably a curry of some description. I'll continue to be a good boy, however, and not eat any rice, potatoes or anything else vaguely high in carbs. (sigh - in fond memory of toast for breakfast)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@1954jessy are you testing before you eat and 2 hours afterwards as this should give you some clues as to what is raising your BS. If you are trying to lower your BS it would be best to try and drop the Special K Nourish altogether as it is quite high carb.

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
Today I had my first ever lidl protein roll.. With fresh tomato on.. Absolutely lovely but huge could only manage half.. And fresh fish and asparagus for tea..

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good evening,

The food I ingested today was as follows:-

4:00 ante meridian: thinly-sliced- Tomato thinly sliced tomato on 2 slices of Bloomer white, crusty bread with sesame seeds sprinkled over the crust giving the bread a nice nutty flavour.

6:30 ante meridian: - Tomato sandwich.

11:45 ante meridian: - Tomato sandwich.

1:15 post meridian: - Tomato sandwich.

2:56 post meridian: - 1 deep pan pepperoni pizza with sliced pepperoni, tomato puree, grated cheese, chopped red sweet pepper and finely chopped onion.

8:41 post meridian: - Blood glucose level:- 6.3 millimoles per litre.

8:47 post meridian: - Tomato sandwich.

I have also drunk 8 glasses of cold tap water, 2 mugs of tea and 5 mugs of instant coffee all at different times of the day. The hot drinks had coffee mate light as whitener and 1 and a half teaspoonfuls of sucralose granulated sweetener each.

Yours faithfully,

Johnny Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, type 2 diabetes mellitus (insulin-resistant), minimal pain in the back caused by wear-and-tear, essential hypertension, pure hypercholesterolaemia, encopresis, nocturnal enuresis, idiopathic megarectum and hyponatrema.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Breakfast: 1 slice of toasted cheese. Lunch: 1 roasted chicken leg/ small slice ham/ 1 slice wholemeal bread. Evening meal: Sliced chicken, brocolli/ green beans/ 2 egg sized new potatoes. Snack/ supper: Cubed cheese/ walnuts.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
This morning my BGL was 7.8, had two pieces of sourdough toast, up to 9.8 2 hours later. Lunch was mild curry with beef and veggies - 2 hours later....6.0! Lookin' good!

Reactions: dogslife

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Breakfast: 1 thin slice toast with peanut butter. Lunch: ham, turkey, 1/2 boiled egg and cube of cheese with plain salad. ( Lettuce/ cucumber/ tomato/ celery). Evening meal: Bacon, cooked cheese, tinned tomatoes, 1/2 slice wholemeal bread. Drinks: Black tea/ water. Snack: walnuts.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Braekfast 1 cup oats wih full cream milk. Mid morning 1 apple lunch sandwhich shicken curry (home made) mid afternoon few pieces of dried fruit. Then the wheels came off when I came home to find two samosa's which I ate befor dinner. Dinner lean mince one potato mixed veg a cup of tea with a few sugar free biscuits.
9.5mmol/l
I will try beter tomarow

Reactions: berylc

gowlanj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
being judged
Breakfast - a protein shake (because I am sick of eggs), lunch - stirfry with cabbage, chicken and thai spices; dinner cauliflower mash with bacon pieces (I love this) and a pork chop, jelly and some melon. This is my first week of low carb but I am finding there are lots of lovely things I can still eat

dollydreamer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tories
Homemade Alpen ....with almond milk unsweetened

Lentil tomato and red pepper soup ... One bread roll

One small kitkat

Tonight will be
Cauliflower cheese , roast carrots and green beans ...

This seems really balanced to me. i'm having homemade green smoothie made with almond milk and low fat yoghurt, spinach, chia and golden linseeds, 1/2 avocado and 1/2 apple and stick of celery. i also mix in 20g of rye flakes

lunch is lentil veg soup, 2 ladles

dinner is pearl barley with edame beans salad and 100g large prawns with a yoghurt and mint dressing

snacks are 1 slice german rye bread with a cheese triangle

i'm using my fitness pal to log all my food and exercise from tracker on my phone

ive found for me weighing out my food has helped me enormously as before i was not aware of portion size.

portion control is working for me, tho i do have odd days when i wake up from a nap and have binged. im looking into this to see if it mite be low blood sugar that causes this or it mite be im not eating enough so will increase my protein. or it cud be just got fed up of control but it was hunger related and i cudnt stop.

fasting blood this am was 7.2 which is good considering i was 14 four weeks ago. i cant wait till i get in the 5's but im seeing diabetic nurse on thursday and gonna speak to her about lowering medication if hba1c is low enough.

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Home from work at 7am and had Asda fresh Chicken & Mushroom soup then bed, got up at 4pm and had 8oz Steak with Green Beans, Brussel Sprouts & Broccoli accompanied by a nice bottle of Malbec. 3hrs later 4.5mmol

suginami

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Small bowl of organic jumbo oatmeal cooked in water. Blueberries chopped apple. Sesame seeds. Black coffee. No sugar.
Lunch 2 slices of whole grain bread and homemade hummus
Snack. Whole grain bread with marmite
Dinner small bowl of brown rice and veg.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My usual plate of Roast pork belly for lunch...

4.0 mmol pre-meal
4.4 mmol post-meal

18952922_10155482774229445_2126647327297405385_n.jpg

Reactions: pms543

Helen_A

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast, but had "Ovenight Oats" for brunch:

20g Oats, 200g Natural Yoghurt (Fat Free), 200g Fruit Mix (Blackberry, Strawberry, Blackcurrent, Raspberry).

I made it last night, which gives the yoghurt time to soak in to the oats/porridge and the fruit to defrost.

Not too high in carbs for me, but most recipes say 40g oats, which does give me a blood sugar spike.

Lovely! :)

Helen xxx

Reactions: Odin004

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Breakfast. 15 blueberries, 3 dessert spoons of fat-free plain yoghurt, sprinkling of seeded, nutty muesli. Black coffee.
Walked 6 miles.
Lunch. Pret a manger vegan salad
Snack. Dark choc fruit and nut bar 24g carb.
Dinner. Olives, 3 small falafel, homemade smoked aubergine salad (new experiment!) and roasted sweet potato and carrot salad.
Black tea and water.
Would have been looking really healthy without the snack bar but I did enjoy it!