Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi. I've not posted on this thread for quite a while. Having got my levels down after a lot of hard work, I had a few setbacks related to post-transplant complications..one infection after another and a course of steroids knocked my blood sugar levels all over the place, and waking levels ranged from 9-16mmols for a while whatever I did...but I seem to have got things going back in the right direction now with some seriously strict low carbing. This morning's level was 5.6, and it's been under 6 for a week now. I hope it stays that way. I see there's plenty of new people since I last posted here. I found it very encouraging and therapeutic before. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
What a fight you must have had. The fight can be won with the right tools (note to nhs). Low carbing is the jewel in the crown, for me too. Its a mental health lifesaver too. A tool everyone should be shown how to use on diagnosis. I'll be telling my new dietitian again on wednesday. I think she'll listen. Well done @pleinster . I know how it feels to have other medical problems that need meds which have unpleasant side affects. It's frustrating. Your whole mental attitude is commendable. You're one of my heroes! ♡♥♡

barakiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
im new on here, I was diagnosed with type two diabetes in November im not on medication, ive beenstraight away when I found out have been dieting and watching carbs suger and caleries since then, I have been for my 1st 3 month checku with the diabetic nurse and my readings on fasting when diagnosed were 51 or 6.6 my readings after first 3 months are 46 , im continuing to diet to try get down further, I write everything I eat down each day, I also take my fasting each morning and the last 24 readings have now been highest 5.6 and lowest 4.7 I will be going again in june for my next 3 month checkup and im curious to see what the reading from them will be as an average over the next 3 months, I lost half a stone before I found out and have since then lost one and a half stone making two stone so far im determined to get these readings down and control this , hope someone in similar situation can write to me

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

6.1 for me today.

Recent fluctuations due to hardly eating anything, due to an inoperable cancer in my gullet, and whether or not I have red wine the night before...

Going in for a minor op to ease the blockage on wednesday, hoping to regain some control after that.
Seem to be OK symptoms wise down to 4.0 anyway - not been any lower yet.....

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning All

6.1 for me today.

Recent fluctuations due to hardly eating anything, due to an inoperable cancer in my gullet, and whether or not I have red wine the night before...

Going in for a minor op to ease the blockage on wednesday, hoping to regain some control after that.
Seem to be OK symptoms wise down to 4.0 anyway - not been any lower yet.....
As long as your 4s are pleasant Tim. You could do with no other interference while concentrating on getting to the best level of health, for you. Good luck. Keep a hypo gel/ tablet handy. It makes all the difference.

Reactions: Liam1955

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
What a fight you must have had. The fight can be won with the right tools (note to nhs). Low carbing is the jewel in the crown, for me too. Its a mental health lifesaver too. A tool everyone should be shown how to use on diagnosis. I'll be telling my new dietitian again on wednesday. I think she'll listen. Well done @pleinster . I know how it feels to have other medical problems that need meds which have unpleasant side affects. It's frustrating. Your whole mental attitude is commendable. You're one of my heroes! ♡♥♡

awwwwwww x