Insight - excellent customer service!

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi folks,

I love my pump. LOVE it. But my Insight handset/meter has been frustrating me lately because the on/off switch has stopped onning and offing. After a couple of weeks of this I thought I'd phone it in.

I just want to say that this issue has caused NO therapeutic problems at all for me, and has not prevented me from doing what I need to do, and I've still been able to test/take insulin/view or change settings and what-not, and I'm still extremely pleased with it as a piece of kit. And it turns on automatically anyway when you put a test strip in, or when I plug it in to charge, and it turns itself off after a few minutes' timeout - so the lack of on/off switch has been a mere frustration rather than an 'OMG I'm in danger' state of affairs.

But still, it would be better to have a working on/off switch, right?

So I gave customer services a call at lunchtime.
The call lasted 4 minutes.
30 seconds on hold.
1 minute confirming my name, my Roche account number and my handset's serial number.
1 min 30 seconds explaining the problem.
3 minutes in: 'We'll send you a new handset. It'll be with you tomorrow.
Another 30 seconds to give my work address.
And the final 30 seconds was taken up by my effusive thanks and praise of the listening ear of Roche customer services in general and the lady I spoke to in particular.

Cracking service, Roche!

:):):):happy::happy::happy::):):)

mariposa84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
They were so helpful when I couldn't find my insertion device and was in a blind panic as could not get cannula to go in without one. I rang on a Friday lunchtime explained my problem and asked if there was any chance they could send me a new one. I was expecting to go back to pens for at least 4 days because of weekend etc. I was told I could certainly have a new one and the man I spoke to said "I can't promise anything but leave it with me and I'll see if I can send it out to you for Saturday delivery". I was so surprised. I thanked him profusely and a couple of hours later was emailed a tracker number. My parcel arrived before lunch on the Saturday was so happy and so relieved to get back to pumping so soon. EXCELLENT customer service!!!

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Roche were fab 3 weeks ago too when my insight handset wouldn't clear the famous 'E57 electronic error' message after 20 attempts! They sent me a new one the next day - really great customer service. Glad to hear you found the same @Snapsy. Hope all is okay now

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Big box arrived from Roche on the 'before 12' delivery van this morning!

Brilliant!

:)

Reactions: Medusa41

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had a problem with my handset, it would calibrate and kept saying electronic error, I called them and had a new handset the following day. Great service indeed.

Reactions: Medusa41 and Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yay @JimC ! Glad they got you sorted!

I LOVE my pump (I might've said that before........!)!

:happy:

Reactions: JimC

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have to say I do like the insight pump just a shame it couldn't have bigger cartridges but apart from that it's amazing little life saver

Reactions: Medusa41 and Snapsy