Managing at night

Michik

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you manage to control your bs at night? Dont you feel tired at the rest of the following day? Do you still need an alarm clock to be set despite the fact that you have been waking up much time so far? I must say that my parents are doing this which is shameful fact due to my age(17). I dont sleep much, I almost wake up at/before 8 am. I rarely go to sleep after 11.30 pm. But I dont know if I could manage to do that, I mean if I wouldnt be tired all day.

isjoberg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
How do you manage to control your bs at night? Dont you feel tired at the rest of the following day? Do you still need an alarm clock to be set despite the fact that you have been waking up much time so far? I must say that my parents are doing this which is shameful fact due to my age(17). I dont sleep much, I almost wake up at/before 8 am. I rarely go to sleep after 11.30 pm. But I dont know if I could manage to do that, I mean if I wouldnt be tired all day.
Basal testing/guesstimate and not eating up to two hours before bed so I know my bg is roughly steady before sleep! Means I only use a rare night to stay away for my diabetes and otherwise sleep well. If you can get your basal rate sorted overnight and then keep a steady bg for an hour or so before bed it makes the world of difference!

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's perfectly possible to basal test on MDI - https://mysugr.com/basal-rate-testing/

Most people have to set an alarm to get up on time, that's a being human thing, not a diabetes thing. I'm sure lots of 17 year olds rely on their parents to make sure they actually pay attention to their alarm clock.

8.5 hours is a pretty decent nights sleep. Do you have problems with waking up a lot between going to sleep by 11:30 and getting up by 8am? What is it that's waking you up -is it blood sugar/diabetes related?