Metformin SR Diagemet XL 500 mg

fcabezaipad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there,

I have been taking Glucophage SR for 5 years, and not having any side effects, however last week the pharmacy gave me a different brand called Diagemet XL 500 mg. they told me is the same product so I have started to take this medication. The result is that I have terrible side effects such as headache, stomach pain, and feeling tired. So I have requested the pharmacy to change for Glucophage again.

I wonder if any have the same problem with this medicine called Diagemet.

Regards

Frank

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
My doctor changed mine too, I think they will be cheaper !

Not noticed any difference.

woodlands

Hi there,

I have been taking Glucophage SR for 5 years, and not having any side effects, however last week the pharmacy gave me a different brand called Diagemet XL 500 mg. they told me is the same product so I have started to take this medication. The result is that I have terrible side effects such as headache, stomach pain, and feeling tired. So I have requested the pharmacy to change for Glucophage again.

I wonder if any have the same problem with this medicine called Diagemet.

Regards

Frank
the same for me, last week they gave me diagemet 500g they started me off on 2x500 twice a day, my eyes are very blured and my sugar will not come down over 12, l looked it up and the dose should be lx500 a day, after 10 to 15 days then increase it l am taking them back tomorrow, had no trouble on gluphage

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too after over 3 years trouble free taking Metabet SR, mine was changed to this version too a couple of months ago, and I then spent most of my time on or in close proximity to the toilet until I decided enough was enough and stopped taking it. I finally escaped my permanent attachment to the bathroom, and told GP at my recent review: at first he was going to change me back to (a lower dose of) Metabet, then changed his mind and decided I could actually manage on LCHF alone. So the blasted stuff has actually ended up (hopefully!) doing me a bit of a favour....

Robbity