Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.9 for me today, still a bit spaced out from the sedatives, sore throat and eaten nothing.....

Reactions: bigjim19

paula121s

Normally a liver dump if higher than bedtime bg hun. Do search on forum about dawn phenomena and liver dumps. Some great advice to reduce or solve the increase.

Thank you, I have had a read and very interesting. I am doing the 5-2 diet at the mo and limiting carbs to under 50g a day so the fasting bit makes sense. I need to have another read as some of it was a bit over my head!

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, welcome to the morning line... Hope your HbA1c number was a happy one.:)
Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately my HbA1c was 68 so it's shot up in 3 months. Strange as I was referred to a dietician. Now working on reducing my carbs further and seeing the DN in 7 weeks - hard to get an appointment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you, I have had a read and very interesting. I am doing the 5-2 diet at the mo and limiting carbs to under 50g a day so the fasting bit makes sense. I need to have another read as some of it was a bit over my head!
On the 2 days of fasting may make a block difficult. Mess around with it to suit you. It normally needs fatty protein so it kicks in at about 3am while sleeping but no carb.