Basic pump choices

samantha13

Hi all. I've been mia for a while as I've really been struggling. My team have put me on waiting list for a pump. The trust I'm with have 3 choices roche medtronic or animas was the names i was given. I'm awful with technology and would love the most basic/simple pump. I know there is already loads of information on this site but to be honest I'm feeling overwhelmed and it's all blurring into one and making me stir crazy. Any advice on choosing or gathering information?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have a medtronic and I would say the general consensus is that it is the least attractive pump but it has many easy to use functions and from what I have read online it is the most reliable......

can you get a hold of any sample pumps at the clinic....

Reactions: samantha13

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
if you go to youtube there are lots of video's about these pumps, the names of the pumps are accu-chek insight, medtronic 640 and animas vibe. If you look at the videos it will probably help you make your mind up which you may want to go with

samantha13

I have a medtronic and I would say the general consensus is that it is the least attractive pump but it has many easy to use functions and from what I have read online it is the most reliable......

can you get a hold of any sample pumps at the clinic....
Thank you. I'm not sure about sample pumps when I asked my dsn for advice around the choice she just said they are pretty much all the same

samantha13

if you go to youtube there are lots of video's about these pumps, the names of the pumps are accu-chek insight, medtronic 640 and animas vibe. If you look at the videos it will probably help you make your mind up which you may want to go with
Thanks so much for that suggestion i think the video will be much easier for me as I'm finding the written information overwhelming!