When did you get your first scan?

Catherine4188

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello all,

I just wanted to ask when you all received your first scan? I ask because I've read on the NICE website and heard from other T1s that they got a scan at 8 weeks but I've been told I won't get one until 12 weeks.

Thanks for any replies.

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Im type 2 and when i found out i was 5weeks. I went to the gp and he said i wouldnt get one until 12weeks but when i had my first diabetic clinic (i was 7 weeks) they did a scan that day.
Do you know when your first clinic date is? X

Reactions: Catherine4188

natalie22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had my first scan at 12 weeks. According to my dr is depends when you find out your pregnant and when you see your doctor. If you find out quite early they would probably send you for a early scan but if not they will just send you at 12 weeks.

Catherine4188

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had my first scan at 12 weeks. According to my dr is depends when you find out your pregnant and when you see your doctor. If you find out quite early they would probably send you for a early scan but if not they will just send you at 12 weeks.

Hello,

I am 6.5 weeks. I had my first diabetic antenatal apparently appointment on Thursday as they are worried as I have had 2 previous miscarriages, 1 a few years ago whilst not diabetic and 1 in February just as I was diagnosed. I might ask my midwife when I see her next week.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My first scan was at 12 weeks. I was offered one earlier but felt it wasn't necessary so I refused it.

Pixelle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm having a viability scan on Tuesday, I'll be 7+6 pregnant. And a growth scan and foetal doppler scan on Wednesday.

Not sure why 2 on different days though.

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was offered my first scan at 12 weeks....i think that is pretty standard

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was only 6 weeks when I got my first scan. The 2nd was at 12wks then as I reached 30 wks, I got one every 2 weeks