Pregnancy: Unplanned little passenger onboard

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Congratulations! I can recommend the Accu Check Libre to measure your bs round the clock if you can.(It is not funded) I kept good control when I was pregnant although it was not ideal. Next time I hope to get it lower using the Libre. After nine months I was pretty tired of finger testing, and during the birth itself it was kind of stressful. But it is absolutely possible and I did it.My daughter is great and now four years old.Just the idea though of scanning my bs any time is so good. Do you use pump of pens?

Reactions: Toriroge

Toriroge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations! I can recommend the Accu Check Libre to measure your bs round the clock if you can.(It is not funded) I kept good control when I was pregnant although it was not ideal. Next time I hope to get it lower using the Libre. After nine months I was pretty tired of finger testing, and during the birth itself it was kind of stressful. But it is absolutely possible and I did it.My daughter is great and now four years old.Just the idea though of scanning my bs any time is so good. Do you use pump of pens?
Hi there I was put on the pump the week before Christmas which I have found has really helped me.
I have the libre as well not that I'm very good at keeping them stuck on to me I seem to have a knack of knocking them off haha. My hba1c is now 51 compared to 67 when I first found out I was pregnant so that's good news x

Reactions: Japes

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Great! It is amazing.(Libre) Hope it gets cheaper. Glad you are doing well! I have managed to keep all mine on,usually I have it slightly on the backside of the side of the arm, that keeps it safe if bumping into a doorframe.;)

Reactions: Toriroge

Fliss_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Fliss, don't read any more horror stories! I won't let my self and just think positive. How funny that we were in the same situation!

I have had my dating scan this week and everything looks fine! Baby was 13 weeks on Thursday the day we had scan and was just under 7cm just the right size for 13 weeks.

Has any one spoke to you about being put on the pump? I was being referred and had a appointment in Cambridge before I knew I was pregnant. But because I am pregnant they fast tracked me and was put on a pump the monday before Christmas! It seems to keep my sugars much more steady and you actually take less Insulin using the pump.
I really suffered with high blood sugars when I woke up in the mornings and often would be between 15 and 20!!! But the pump seems to be helping with my dawn phenomenon.

Like you I sometimes can't keep those post meal sugars in track. Have you spoke to a diatcian? I was told to eat 20g of carbs for breakfast so only 1 slice of toast but then you can have another one a hour later. Also was told to keep lunch and dinner under 70g of carbs - I have gone over that when eating out etc but trying to keep to it when I'm at home.

Hope some of that info helps??
Yeah it's tiring making a tiny human isn't it! I'm still feeling tired now but apparently you get your energy back in 2nd trimester. How are you doing on the morning sickness side of things?? Xx

Hi!

I'm so sorry for the late reply, I've literally only just seen your reply! Hope everything is still going well?

All scans have been good so far, and found out we're having a little boy at the 20wk scan.

Sickness went about 14 weeks, which was a massive relief. Looking back I felt terrible! The 2nd trimester has been fab, felt really energised, but fatigue setting back in now!

Still finding the post meal spikes difficult! Taken my lunch carbs down to 20g, and that works. So now trying the same with breakfast. It's good to hear that's worked for you.

I went for an appointment for pump in the summer, but it was too overwhelming and I decided against it Have you had one? I think I mentioned I use the Libre which I love.

Fliss X

Toriroge

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!

I'm so sorry for the late reply, I've literally only just seen your reply! Hope everything is still going well?

All scans have been good so far, and found out we're having a little boy at the 20wk scan.

Sickness went about 14 weeks, which was a massive relief. Looking back I felt terrible! The 2nd trimester has been fab, felt really energised, but fatigue setting back in now!

Still finding the post meal spikes difficult! Taken my lunch carbs down to 20g, and that works. So now trying the same with breakfast. It's good to hear that's worked for you.

I went for an appointment for pump in the summer, but it was too overwhelming and I decided against it Have you had one? I think I mentioned I use the Libre which I love.

Fliss X
Ah Brilliant news, congratulations!! We are keeping the sex of the baby a surprise I'm so desperate to know what they are now though! But will deff be worth the wait.
Oh your lucky with the morning sickness, I had mine up until 25 weeks which was fun at work! But seems to of settled now every now and again still get a bit but its nothing compared to the first 25 weeks lol.

I will be 32 weeks tomorrow WOOOHOO, and have my second growth scan tomorrow cant wait to see them , hopefully haven't grown too much! Baby on the 28 week growth scan was only showing a little bit bigger than a 'normal' baby so if all stays the same Il be looking at being induced rather than a C - section. How many weeks ae you now?

I got the pump fitted the week before Christmas and I love it ! Don't get me wrong I hated the idea of it and changing and I have had some teething problems when changing the set, but it is sooooo nice not doing at least 6 injections a day and its really helped my blood sugars over night as I suffered from the dawn phenomenon pretty bad and was waking up around 20 every morning for the last 2 years! Now I generally wake up around 7 which is just amazing for me! I would now encourage people to go on the pump, maybe after baby is here you could have another appointment and see how you feel ? Its extremely over whelming and scary at first, but I'm glad I have one now!

Hope you and bump are doing well! Keep me updated! xx