Several leg and foot pain

devans

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not getting access tot he Diabetes Co Uk Cookbooks
For the past week I have been experiencing severe cramp and acute pain in my feet and legs often lasting 4-5 hours every night. I am getting about 3-4 hours sleep every night. This is having a big impact on my ability to walk which has deteriorated quickly. My doctor gave me pain killers which haven't had any affect.

Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? I am taking magnesium tables so they are ineffective.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was getting cramps in my left leg at night. I ensured the leg was not getting cold at night and also started to add a little salt to my meals as salt deficiency can cause cramps.

Metformin can cause vitamin B12 deficiency which can give neuropathy symptoms, so I started taking B12 vitamins. I also started to take Alpha Lupoic Acid supplements after I noticed pins and needle sensation in my hand. These sensations have now gone.

devans

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not getting access tot he Diabetes Co Uk Cookbooks
I was getting cramps in my left leg at night. I ensured the leg was not getting cold at night and also started to add a little salt to my meals as salt deficiency can cause cramps.

Metformin can cause vitamin B12 deficiency which can give neuropathy symptoms, so I started taking B12 vitamins. I also started to take Alpha Lupoic Acid supplements after I noticed pins and needle sensation in my hand. These sensations have now gone.
Thanks

I will give your suggestions a try.