Zoplicone to aid sleep or Bach Rescue remedy?

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
My lack of sleep these past few weeks has caught up on me, so the Dr has signed me off work for a week, he wanted 2, but I said only 1 meantime. Serious illnesses to those close to the family, son's coming wedding, work and stress related migraine attacks have all had it's effect on my sleep pattern, last night was the worst, only 1 1/2 hrs at the most. The Dr wasn't concerned about my higher BS levels, he said the readings were to be expected. So he gave me 7 x 3.75mg Zoplicone tablets to help me sleep, one for the first 2 nights, miss a night to see how I get on, then if need be one the next night and then miss a night etc. I'm not at all keen to take pills, so wondered if anyone here could tell me what the side effects are, if any?

Would Bach Rescue remedy products, day and night help me? I need something to help with the stress and would prefer a natural way rather than Zoplicone.

The Chemist told me to ask for Aciclovir tablets to help with cold sores too, as Zovirax didn't help. This cold sore MUST be away by the wedding day. I had a prize winning one for my daughter's wedding, so stayed out of most of the photographs!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
For cold sores that have broken through the skin I use good old fashioned hydrogen peroxide dabbing it on with cotton wool, yes it tingles and smarts for a bit as it bubbles on the top, to me that shows it is killing off the yucky virus, but if lucky enough to catch it in the brewing stage I use toothpaste and rub it in, it can smart a bit too, both have managed to sort out the sore in a very quick time.
Don't know what to suggest for the sleep problem though, my Dr gives me Temazipam and I break the tablets into 4 and take a quarter as and when needed, sometimes 2 or 3 nights in a row then I'll be fine for weeks..

DevonVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Took zopiclone when my ex left me with 2 small kids. I was concerned it would make me dopey and unable to look after the kids. It was fine. They only send you off gently and you can wake up if needed. Also do not leave you asleep in the morning as they are short acting. Hope that helps.

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
I had zopiclone for a week a few years ago - they are very efficient and don't leave you muzzy the next day .

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have used zopiclone in the past and never worked for me

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I thought I would watch Dr Michael Mosley's programme 'The Truth About Sleep' I watched it for about 10 minutes and he said that blood sugar levels rise with the lack of sleep..... then I fell asleep!
I will try tonight without a pill and use the Bach Rescue Remedy, hopefully because I'm so tired I will sleep better tonight :)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I went to bed at 10.45 and used the Bach Rescue night spray when I got into bed and after reading for 15 minutes. I woke up a few times, no idea of the time as I didn't open my eyes. Sometime early morning I thought of testing my BS but went right back to sleep. I finally woke up at 7.50 and tested and I was 10.1 But at least I had a decentt sleep.