Am I worrying over nothing.....

paintylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As your post made me think I decided to double check, I phoned my surgery and asked how long to get results, the first lady said 5 days (!) then passed me onto the results line, this lady checked and mine were back (done friday afternoon!) but she did say some results need to be checked by the gp, I am guessing if the doctor has been seeing patients all morning they may not have had time to check yours yet. So I stand by what I said earlier don't worry it's probably just admin holding them up. Xx

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My doctor spoke to me to tell me how bad my first results were - HBa1c 91 - then my second test was 47 - I got the information out of the receptionist and no one at the clinic has spoken to me since -
I think they might be upset but I don't really care.....
I hope that your results have proven equally shocking.

maggiedog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Going to the gym
Hello all.

Diagnosed type 2 in Feb and have been following Lchf diet ever since also take 2 x 500mg metformin twice a day. On Friday I went for the first blood test since diagnosis and am seeing dn on the 22nd. However I cannot wait that long so being proactive I have been to the surgery and collected my results ( forewarned etc).

When I got home I noticed my hba1c results were missing. Have just phoned the surgery and been told them results are with the GP and I cannot have them yet. ( sorry rambling on).

So my concerns are
1. My levels have gone into the normal range, which is my aim and the GP will say I was never diabetic in the first place or
2. My levels have increased.

I am now so worried as I feel whichever the outcome I cannot win,.

Not sure if any of my ramblings make sense, just need to sound off to people who I hope understand or even had the same worry.

Whatever the outcome, thank you to all.

Jo xx

Please don't worry as far as I know they all follow the same procedures and will not give them out which I know is totally frustrating. I am in the same boat and have to wait ages to get an appointment. I have called in personally and still not been given them. Hope that helps.

ErylV

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hca- good evening- sorry to hear about your experience and the anxiety that it has caused you! Please don't panic as you are doing the right thing with your LCHF diet- keep at it and your levels will stabilise... I have also found that an hour of brisk walking every day helps to keep me on track! In between HBA1c tests, I use a blood test meter a few times a week to keep an eye on things....