Xultophy

anitamo

Has anyone here been prescribed the injectable drug Xultophy? The diabetic nurse at the hospital is convinced this will help but I am putting off the evil day as all the info that I have read worries me that it could cause me to have hypos and I live alone so this scares the living daylights out of me. I am trying very hard to bring down my fasting BG levels by not eating anything after 6pm, so difficult. They have come down a little but still erratic and I can't fathom why this is.

astle9

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello keep on the diet aspect for as long as you can, been on this medication for 7 months and have now decided that it does not work for me and the sooner i can get off it the better, never been so ill and i have lost any desire to do much, i plod along and get through each day at work but my va va voom has totally gone. I would not concern yourself about hypos too much because if you educate yourself they can be avoided. Good luck and speak to your diabetic team.

anitamo

Thank you Astle, I am not happy about the idea at all, and I am working hard to try and bring my BG levels down to a degree that is acceptable to the hospital. It seems it is a drug (or combination of drugs) that is still being reviewed. I am told to watch my weight and yet then told that this medication will put weight on! What a dilemma!