What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

amoreamore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
That sounds good. Mine 7.0 this morning. Higher than it has been. I have had readings in the main between 5.3 and 6. I have been and still am on the blood sugar diet attempting to reverse my diabetes type 2. I have been doing relatively well and have lost 24 lbs. Had a lovely day yesterday at a Spa which included a gorgeous breakfast and buffet lunch. Afraid I was tempted and had more than my 800 Cal daily allowance and did have rather more fruit than usual - hence the raised BS reading at 7. A return to the diet today with a vengeance is called for. Well done to all of you who are in the range.

Julia99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
6:45am 5.1. As soon as I woke up, but then steadily climbed whilst I got showered and dressed to around 7.2 before I had breakfast.
Interesting as I now have a libre freestyle tester. I would not previously have tested as soon as I woke up, I would have been up a short time so would never had seen the lower reading. The reader showed that during the night it dropped as low as 3.4!(12;30am) then at 2:25 am it went up to 6.6, then at 5:24 was 6.1.