Heartburn

sadiek1804

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi just wondering if heartburn is common with diabetics? I don't get it often but when I do Iam violently sick - any advice?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had that when taking the fourth statin that was tried on me so it could be your medication. I have not heard that it is a diabetic thing but I suppose anything is possible.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi just wondering if heartburn is common with diabetics? I don't get it often but when I do Iam violently sick - any advice?

I don´t think it is, but years ago I always got it when I ate a lot of fat in one meal..now I never do... maybe it has to do with some lack of nutrients ... hmmm

there are lots of suggestions to how to treat it with natural remedies ...

http://everydayroots.com/heartburn-remedies
http://scdlifestyle.com/2015/04/4-quick-and-natural-heartburn-remedies/

https://draxe.com/heartburn-remedies/ :::::

HeartburnGraphic.jpg

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since going ultra low carb it's not something I get anymore although I used to suffer from it regularly.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I get regular heartburn and have had it years.
Doubt it's diabetic related

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Being violently sick doesn't sound right, can you associate the heartburn/sickness with any particular meal or drink? Either way it's worth mentioning this to your Dr @sadiek1804

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It's only happened a few times so didn't think to mention it.

Sounds like you have an intolerance to a particular type of food/drink, I'd keep a note of the times when your sick and see what your previous meal contained, I find fatty meals can give me heartburn if I overindulge.

lindisfel

Expert
I get regular heartburn and have had it years.
Doubt it's diabetic related
Hi ally, You should get it treated because the cell tissues in 'foodpipe' can change due burning with stomach acid and can become malignant over time. Regards Derek

D

Deleted member 388305

My wife and I used to have this problem, especially my wife. Now that we are low-carvers, she virtually never has it anymore and neither do I. I have read many places that we just don't digest wheat well at all, causing leaky gut and I would think it could be applicable here as well.

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You can try and ask your doctor for tablets to give you as I had it terrible for a while before I was put on a tablet called lansoprazole and now I don't suffer from heartburn or stomach acid since I was placed on it and I take it in the morning and lasts for 24 hrs and I got heartburn whatever I ate and I was eating the antacid tablets every couple of hours because of it so I know how bad it can get