How Do You View The Forum ?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I'm interested to know how members view the forum when they first come on-line.
Do you go to View new posts first or Active Topics or do you go straight to your favorite section of the forum first ?

Personally I go to View New Posts first or Active Topics.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Personally, I always log on and go straight to 'Latest Post's'. After that I then look at Active Topic's, unanswered posts and so on. I never miss out any areas as they are all of interest to me as a Monitor.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Active topics.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I view active topics first then follow whatever threads interest me
CAROL

candyfloss

Dislikes
Processed foods and refined carbohydrates!
first page I look at is the one that gives the top 10 topics (or rather last 10 topics with a comment posted) and latest news. Read what interests me and log on if I intend to reply.

it wasnt until recently that I found you could view all active topics quite easily!

one thing I would like changed is that it would be useful to know under which part of the forum a topic was posted. This topic is under Diabetes Discussions but how would you know unless you went into that part of the forum first?

candyfloss

Dislikes
Processed foods and refined carbohydrates!
ah ok, just seen the "Diabetes Discussions" at the top. :roll: Must clean my glasses more often.

Talos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfriendly people, MP's,

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I start off by looking at the bottom of the Board Index to see who is there and who has a birthday. I look at the profiles of the birthday people as it's fun. :) Then I go to View Active Topics. I usually reread the first post in the thread to refresh my memory before selecting First unread post. (I read all the forums (fora?) including Type 1 (I'm Type 2)). After having read those I often reread the whole thread.

broads

I look at all the ----different sections, for want of a better word, in turn. As soon as I see them I look down to the latest postings ignoring the ongoing subjects above.

Russ

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Injustice
New Topics, I think, Sue.

Russ

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Up to now I have just started at the top and read all the active posts in each section and worked down. Now, having ‘noticed’ the links you have pointed out, Sue, I may do it differently. Funny how you sometimes just don’t see things which are right under your nose! :roll:

gefmayhem

Dislikes
salad
I usually look at the general discussion and type 2 pages for any topics that may interest me.
Hadn't noticed the New Yopics link until I read this.

Think I may use it all the time now :wink:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I too used to load up the main menu and peruse the main boards of interest to me ie:

Diabetes Discussions
Ask a Question
Type 2 Diabetes

Then sometimes
Non low-carb diabetes diet forum

And occationally
Diabetes Food Forum
General Chat
Low-carb diabetes diet forum

But this thread has prompted me to use the 'View active topics' link which I now use most mornings.

Cheers Sue :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
View active topics first, then read the view unanswered posts.

Nigel