Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Good luck Jade, let us know how you get on :)

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@DiabeticDadUK @Juicyj i called my doctors today they told me not to touch my insulin as i may not be diabetic i have to go and gave blood tests and then go and see them 10days after prey for me guys xx

Bloody hell, Jade! Good job you held back! Keep us posted. Good luck and big hugs! X

HLC2017

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear Jade, I'm so sorry for what you've been through, with the miscarriage and now this diagnosis.

It is possible to get gestational diabetes more or less from conception. I am a member of a fb group GDUK and some ladies have had it from 1, 4, 5 weeks... These are ladies whose pre-pregnancy blood tests were diabetes free. It seems to be a condition where there a lot of unknowns. So more tests are *definitely* in order.

Stay away from the insulin and enjoy your wee one. They grow up so fast! I will keep you in my prayers. Be well,

Hannah

Reactions: Sibyl
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jade. Welcome. I am also a type 1 newbee. My son's chicken box triggered mine three weeks ago. Still getting used to things the same as you. I inject twice a day and on metformin.

My insulin started at 18 and I am now on 5 per injection.
It seems a combination of weight loss / honeymoon period / sugar and low carb diet does wonders to keep me above 5 and below 10.

Welcome to chat if it helps but the breather the insulin / metformin medication gives any beta cells left does make a difference at this early stage. David.