Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

paula121s

5.4 waking up at a beautiful hotel for hubby birthday. Had the loveliest day yesterday with the family - felt so much better and managed to knock the anxiety symptoms on the head for a bit :) Had first proper meal out since diagnosis which did lead to a spike of 9.4 at bedtime (it was the bread roll I'm sure, I had cheese for pud as after looking forward to a sugary treat, in the end I just didn't want one.)

So glad your feeling better and having a good time

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 it's been like this all week any ideas how I can lower it ?
5.4 waking up at a beautiful hotel for hubby birthday. Had the loveliest day yesterday with the family - felt so much better and managed to knock the anxiety symptoms on the head for a bit :) Had first proper meal out since diagnosis which did lead to a spike of 9.4 at bedtime (it was the bread roll I'm sure, I had cheese for pud as after looking forward to a sugary treat, in the end I just didn't want one.)

Well done on choosing the cheese .... I've realised too that however appealing the sugar filled dessert might look the effect on my FBG isn't worth it.

Hope you had a great evening celebrating :)