Accucheck mobile blocks expired cartridge?

diabpump

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone know if the Accucheck mobile meter block the use of expired cartridges? (Date written on the packet)

I am about to buy a batch amount of cartridges and may not use them all before the expiry (might go over by a month or two).

Cheers

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had an issue with my AC Mobile saying a cassette had expired and not allowing me to test when there were still a number of tests left on it.

paulliljeros

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I have had an issue with my AC Mobile saying a cassette had expired and not allowing me to test when there were still a number of tests left on it.
I don't think the meter blocks the cartridge until after it is inserted into the machine. At this point, a 3 month timer is set, and it is then blocked after that. So, to the best of my knowledge, you could put a cartridge that is beyond the expiry in, and continue to use it, however, once the 3mths is up, you are right, it blocks it and simply doesn't allow you to test.

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know if the Accucheck mobile meter block the use of expired cartridges? (Date written on the packet)

I am about to buy a batch amount of cartridges and may not use them all before the expiry (might go over by a month or two).

Cheers
I use accucheck moble and had and issue with the meter blocking what i thought was a new casette - turns out that the chemist had given me an expired cassette! - very frustrating!! so whilst that was a one off - i would personnally be very wary about purchasing accucheck cassettes if they may not be used within the expiry date.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You get 90 days when you load the cartridge to use the 50 tests. The Validity Date is calculated from the date you insert the cartridge into the machine. The date is stored on the cartridge, so if you remove it and re-insert it, the meter will remember when you first loaded it. One of the options on the menu shows the number of days left to the end of the 90 day validity period. It does give you a warning as you approach the Validity Date. You get one days grace period at the end of the validity period.

You can't use the cartridge if it is after the Expiry Date or the after the 90 day Validity Date. So don't bother buying cassettes of strips which will expire before you need to use them as they wont work.

CathytheChef

Cheers
They do block them right away - that's happened to me a couple of times - they won't work after the expiry date.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is possible to fool the meter by backdating the date on the meter. I use an Accuchec Mobile as a second meter when out walking for convenience and ease of use.

Emdeha

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nazis
It is possible to fool the meter by backdating the date on the meter. I use an Accuchec Mobile as a second meter when out walking for convenience and ease of use.
No, that does not work (I tried), since the usage ist counted on an integrated RFID-like chip stickered onto the test casette.

Emdeha

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nazis
Nope, that does not work, I tried. The test cassette has an RFID-like chip that registers first use and counts days of usage, so its practically tamper-proof

Reactions: Bluebell68