Tip Top Thins in Australia

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm trying out the new wholemeal thins from TIp Top bakery. It has half the carbs of a sandwich with 15.6g. So will help with low carb lunch.

425738aa18eadec39dbbc409963a9182.jpg

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like a lot of carbs for a small sandwich. That's half my daily allowance!

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
That's per slice, so if you made a sandwich using two slices, that's 31 g of carbs. That doesn't seem all that low, but it's a little less than regular bread, which is good.

S

serenity648

The one I linked to has even fewer carbs, and the slices are thicker. This special bread above is a gimmick.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
That's per slice, so if you made a sandwich using two slices, that's 31 g of carbs. That doesn't seem all that low, but it's a little less than regular bread, which is good.

It's not per slice... it's per serving which the pack has 6 servings. So you make a sandwich with each one. It's a lot thinner than 2 slices of normal bread which would be approx 30g carb.... this has half that.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It looks like a lot of carbs for a small sandwich. That's half my daily allowance!

I'm not a low carber and usually have 30g carb with my meals.... I didn't post this in the low carb section just the food section. :) This product has a lot less carbs than 2 slices of bread which is approx 30g. You probably don't have it in UK. I'm not in UK so I don't get your products.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
In the UK, Kingsmill wholemeal Thins are 16.3 carbs per thin, so a little more than your Aussie ones Mep :) Warburtons are 18.1.
IDShot_540x540.jpg

Reactions: Mep

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
In the UK, Kingsmill wholemeal Thins are 16.3 carbs per thin, so a little more than your Aussie ones Mep :) Warburtons are 18.1.
IDShot_540x540.jpg

I tried one yesterday and they're nice and light as well as soft.... took a lot less insulin and had good BGLs afterwards. I like the idea that you can make a sandwich with less carbs. I have to be careful with my food texture and this product is brilliant as didn't get it stuck in my throat or oesophagus at all.... it actually went down. With other breads I can get it stuck.

S

serenity648

I'm not in UK :) The title says Australia. I don't make my own bread.... no time or energy for that.
my post and link clearly say "a typical slice". My link is to bought bread.
How much more expensive are these thins than ordinary bread?

SueNSW

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Talking Australia again - I haven't seen those thins - but I have started using the Helga's Lower Carb bread.
I love the wholemeal and seed variety which are 19g of carbs per serving (2 slices). I realise this will be WAAAAAY too high for the ultra low carbers, but it suits me to be able to have it for maybe a quick no cook breakfast and/or lunch with a variety of no carb toppings or accompaniments - and to have toast again :)

Around here it is $4.00 a loaf in Coles - though I once paid $5.40 in Woolies!!! so a lot more expensive than 'every day' bread, but I find a loaf usually lasts me about a week - so not so bad!!

PS @Mep - doesn't it p*ss you off when you post something like this - clearly referenced to Australia - then have to start defending your choices - not exactly supportive responses were they on the whole???? I'd like to thank you for making the post I'll look out for them too over east

Last edited:

SueNSW

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Have to keep an eye out for that one Sue, Helga's is about the dearest here in Queensland as well and give it a try.
Hi @Tipetoo I know that both products and prices can vary tremendously from state to state here - I'd say definitely shop around - there are also several different 'flavours' - including I think one with soy and linseed.

Coles here have it as "an everyday low price" item - so hope it stays that way - couldn't believe my eyes when I paid so much more in Woolies - but hey I'm normally an Aldi shopper - so what do I know - LOL

D

Deleted member 308541

Have to have look next time we are in Coles, as we mainly shop at Woolies in a different shopping centre.

Have not been in Aldi's for a while either as I pay online for my payg Aldi mobile phone plan now.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Talking Australia again - I haven't seen those thins - but I have started using the Helga's Lower Carb bread.
I love the wholemeal and seed variety which are 19g of carbs per serving (2 slices). I realise this will be WAAAAAY too high for the ultra low carbers, but it suits me to be able to have it for maybe a quick no cook breakfast and/or lunch with a variety of no carb toppings or accompaniments - and to have toast again :)

Around here it is $4.00 a loaf in Coles - though I once paid $5.40 in Woolies!!! so a lot more expensive than 'every day' bread, but I find a loaf usually lasts me about a week - so not so bad!!

PS @Mep - doesn't it p*ss you off when you post something like this - clearly referenced to Australia - then have to start defending your choices - not exactly supportive responses were they on the whole???? I'd like to thank you for making the post I'll look out for them too over east

Thanks :) Yes I did say Australia and I didn't post it in low carb section so not sure why some responded the way they did... each to their own I suppose. This is a new product for us in Australia and still has less carbs than most breads we have.

I get these from the section where they sell muffins, crumpets, and wraps. It's not where the bread is. Thankfully someone told me where they were otherwise I wouldn't have found them. Yeh the Helga's low carb bread is $5.40 here too in woollies. All the other breads are about $3.50 or so. These sandwich thins are $3.00.

teresag1946

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I'm trying out the new wholemeal thins from TIp Top bakery. It has half the carbs of a sandwich with 15.6g. So will help with low carb lunch.

This is a great alternative to bread. I use it all the time and the carb content is far less than 2 slices of bread and the calories a lot less.

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
my post and link clearly say "a typical slice". My link is to bought bread.
How much more expensive are these thins than ordinary bread?

They're not as expensive as bread here :) I get them for $3 and the rest of our bread prices are $3.50 average. If I want to get the low carb bread that's $5.40.