Breakfast ideas...

May2017

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning... never been much of a breakfast eater, been recently diagnosed with T2 and am looking for low carb quick breakfast ideas.
Many thanks xx

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually have a one egg (large) cheese omelette. Very quick to make and eat. I bought a small non-stick frying pan to make them. At the weekends I usually skip breakfasts and eat only once a day at lunchtime (intermittent fasting).

Last edited:
Reactions: dbr10 and May2017

May2017

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I usually have a one egg (large) cheese omelette. Very quick to make and eat. I bought a small non-slick frying pan to make them. At the weekends I usually skip breakfasts and eat only once a day at lunchtime (intermittent fasting).
Thanks for idea.
Sometimes i just don't fancy breakfast, is it best not to miss it though?

AlbertoLaidlaw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Avocado is good, and easy I like it with some protein ie cheese, grilled bacon or egg

Reactions: dbr10

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for idea.
Sometimes i just don't fancy breakfast, is it best not to miss it though?
I've missed breakfast since the day after I was diagnosed.. seems fine to me.. just have a couple of mugs of tea.
Gives the body an extra rest after the sleep fast - I don't eat until after noon at the earliest.

Reactions: dbr10 and May2017

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think breakfast is entirely optional - provided you feel OK when you don't eat.

If you go all wobbly, or ravenously hungry, or your concentration goes, then food is a good idea.

I have a whole range of different options (all Low Carb) that I choose as appropriate.
- Full English minus carby stuff (weekends and holidays)
- cup of coffeesubstitute and cream (workdays)
- nothing at all (sometimes I just forget!)
- cold ham and cheese
- berries and greek yoghurt
- homemade muesli style crunchy breakfast cereal http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/03/06/grain-free-cinnamon-crunch/
- scrambled eggs
- leftovers from the night before
and today, I will be having a slice of this homemade low carb danish :
http://joyfilledeats.com/blueberry-danish/
IMG_3776-2.jpg

Of course, mine doesn't look quite like this one...

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to have a full fat yogurt with milled flaxseed mixed in and a few (very few) berries with a mug of tea. Because this seemed to keep my levels higher than I liked until lunch time I changed to a soft boiled egg (no soldiers) and a mug of tea. Since last November I have been skipping food completely and just have a decaf coffee with double cream, then a mug of tea mid morning. This has worked well for me. It keeps my levels flat all morning, no rises, and I have seen my pre-lunch levels drop significantly. The fat from the cream stops me from feeling hungry and keeps my energy levels up. It has shown me I am better having no carbs at all for breakfast.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I rarely eat breakfast but if you feel you must have something you can eat whatever low carb food you fancy ( see @Brunneria's list!). There's no rule (low carb or otherwise) that breakfast HAS to be the usual/traditional UK breakfast - other countries have different breakfasts, so anything goes. If you don't feel like eating, coffee and cream (you can add a small spoonful of coconut oil for a poor man's "Bulletproof" coffee!) will keep you going until you feel you are ready for a meal, but sometimes a glass of water or a mug of herb tea may be all you need - keeping your fluid intake up is essential.

Robbity