Indian recieps website

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Long time ago (must be 2 years now) someone posted here a great website with indian recipes. There were hundreds of them! I cant find it now. Anyone has a link? Cant remember the name but it was run by a lady, not a very fancy looking website but recipes were great

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ooh, I can't remember the website, but I'm very interested to know the link too! :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Long time ago (must be 2 years now) someone posted here a great website with indian recipes. There were hundreds of them! I cant find it now. Anyone has a link? Cant remember the name but it was run by a lady, not a very fancy looking website but recipes were great

Might it have been Manjula's Kitchen? http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/

She also does a lot on YouTube.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes! Thank you :)

Ooooh excellent!

I also love Indian cooking. Do you have anything in particular in mind? You've started me thinking I haven't made a curry for ages.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ooooh excellent!

I also love Indian cooking. Do you have anything in particular in mind? You've started me thinking I haven't made a curry for ages.
I was looking for some good recipes for an egg curry. I found so many more on this website! Lovley recipes with paneer cheese, spinach, cabbage salad...Im covered for few months :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you don't mind if I add my own question to this thread. I have Puy lentils quite often as a substitute for potatoes or rice and I find them ok with my BS even though they are about 50% carbs. I would like to to experiment with Channa Dal, so I am looking for a recipe that is tasty, probably spicy, but not too complex so that I can quickly knock it up as a side dish.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you don't mind if I add my own question to this thread. I have Puy lentils quite often as a substitute for potatoes or rice and I find them ok with my BS even though they are about 50% carbs. I would like to to experiment with Channa Dal, so I am looking for a recipe that is tasty, probably spicy, but not too complex so that I can quickly knock it up as a side dish.

Manjula's Kitchen has several Dal recipes.

The other place I find fabulous for recipes is yummly.com. On Yummly, you can set it up to suit your way of eating low carb, no sugar. wheat free or whatever. You can further set preferences for types of cuisine and level of difficulty, and even whether you like spicy or not.

OK. It takes a few minutes to set up, but once you have created an account and signed it, if you want a LC, lacto-free whatever, you only have to put the dish i because the site will remember your preferences.

Give it a whirl.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Manjula's Kitchen has several Dal recipes.

The other place I find fabulous for recipes is yummly.com. On Yummly, you can set it up to suit your way of eating low carb, no sugar. wheat free or whatever. You can further set preferences for types of cuisine and level of difficulty, and even whether you like spicy or not.

OK. It takes a few minutes to set up, but once you have created an account and signed it, if you want a LC, lacto-free whatever, you only have to put the dish i because the site will remember your preferences.

Give it a whirl.
Thanks, I will give it a try.

Reactions: AndBreathe