Looking for some pals who God thought where too sweet so he made diabetic?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
So I'm Matty, 24 and from Northen Ireland.
Just looking for some fellow diabetics to have as mates, maybe even get a wee WhatsApp group going? Lol
Matt that thread title is one of the better ones I've seen:)

genix

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Matty I'd love to be a mate with you. Tells us a bit about yourself and your diagnosis etc if you you dont mind of course. I'm T1 and I absolutley love discussing things with other T1's. It can feel very isolating at times. If you live in Northern Ireland you could probably make friends on here you could actually meet in person. Sadly I'm on the other side of the planet in Australia.

Matty_Type1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
How's it going? :) I was diagnosed at 13, type 1. On nova rapid and tresiba injections. Very active, was away on holiday and my auntie noticed me lying about a lot which she knew wasn't normal, not eating and just unwell. was taken to my doctor when we came home and had a blood sugar of 23 and the rests history haha I'm very open about it, nobody's perfect and the way I see it God made so close to perfect at 13 he decided it was unfair to everyone else haha could be worse. what about you guys??

mentat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Genix, whereabouts are you? I live in Sydney and sometimes Melbourne and I'd love to be a bit less isolated!

Hi Matty... I was diagnosed at 22. I had been drinking loads for months and I had a yeast infection "down there" that I was too embarrassed to tell anyone about and then developed a nasty yeast infection on my tongue that made everything taste like paper.

I went to my doctor and he sent me straight to the hospital. I winced when one of the nurses stuck a cannula in my arm and she bitchily said "you're going to have a lot more of them, get used to it". Another nurse threatened to stick a catheter in me if I didn't pee enough. That was a shocker of a day.

Then I spent two nights in the renal ward, next to an old guy who would constantly burp in his sleep, wake up, and say "oh dear". Thankfully I can laugh in hindsight :p

My secret yeast infection cleared up on its own :oops:

Reactions: Just_Me_Rachel
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi! I would love to talk About T1 with someone. I've only been diagnosed 3 days ago, so everything is very new. I'm only 24 and diabetes is not common in my family. I lost weight and had to pee lots, then went to the walk in centre where they send me to hospital, I think I haven't realised it completely yet..

Reactions: JacquiMorrison

empink

Hi everyone, would love to make some new friends! I was diagnosed in Feb at 23. Completely out of the blue and still trying to get to grips with carb counting, ratios, etc!

Reactions: JacquiMorrison

JacquiMorrison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I was diagnosed in 2001 at the age of 7, now 23. I'm a rubbish diabetic I eat custard creams and chocolate like it comes from the tap getting my act together tho trying to get better at carb counting and keeping sugars under 10. Defo need some support and tips from other T1s, feel this forum is all T2 also the people on here are magic and stress if they're sugars are over 8 it's insane.

More than happy to get a wee group chat or something to help each other

Dan87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Bit late to the party but I'm Dan, age 29, live in the West Midlands and had type 1 for around 7 years.

Jacqui, I do know what you mean about people stressing if they are above 8 mmol! I am not there myself, but in years to come I hope to be. In the past my guess is they would have been happy with levels below say 9, so it's gradual improvement :) Success looks different for everyone depending on their age, lifestyle and other circumstances I always think.

sheepie123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi
Just looking for some fellow diabetics to have as mates, maybe even get a wee WhatsApp group going? Lol
Hey I'm from northern Ireland we shod go for a pint and share commiserations. Mail me ur details

Danpope4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
High blood suagrs, slow walkers and vegetables.
Hello
I'm Dan and I was diagnosed back in 2001 when I was 4 and I'm now 20 and basically had diabetes since I can remember.
Wouldn't say my control is amazing but I get by, would love to get to know some other young T1s and how they cope aswell as making some friends :)

spook_kate_

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Other
Hi I was diagnosed in 2001 at the age of 7, now 23. I'm a rubbish diabetic I eat custard creams and chocolate like it comes from the tap getting my act together tho trying to get better at carb counting and keeping sugars under 10. Defo need some support and tips from other T1s, feel this forum is all T2 also the people on here are magic and stress if they're sugars are over 8 it's insane.

More than happy to get a wee group chat or something to help each other
Hi, I'm type 1 for 32 yrs, diagnosed at 2. There's a lovely group of us in the General chat section on What are you doing now? None of us are brilliant but the one uniting factor is the humour. We laugh at ourselves and have general fun. Check it out...

Rakhi_gohil

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, Ive been a Type1 diabetic since i was 6 years old, im now 22!

Definately struggle with my diabetes, never been perfect but slowly getting there. STRUGGLE IS REAL haha!

Would love to get to know some other young T1s and make some friends and help each other :D

EmilyW1801

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Bit late to the party but I'm Dan, age 29, live in the West Midlands and had type 1 for around 7 years.

Jacqui, I do know what you mean about people stressing if they are above 8 mmol! I am not there myself, but in years to come I hope to be. In the past my guess is they would have been happy with levels below say 9, so it's gradual improvement :) Success looks different for everyone depending on their age, lifestyle and other circumstances I always think.
Hey, Im from the West Midlands too. Been diagnosed for 21 years! There needs to be a West Midlands meet up!

Reactions: Rakhi_gohil

JDEAN34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all! I'm 25 and stay in southern Scotland, I was diagnosed December 2015 so not had it a massive amount of time, I get by but still struggle and get confused with it all. Would love to get to know everyone and make new friends!

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would be open to a WhatsApp group for sure.....

Im 33 and was diagnosed at 15...........roughly half my diagnosis was flying completely blind on a mixed insulin, changed my ways after DAFNE in 2009.

Pumping now for 4 years.........mainly complication free aside form a bit of maculopathy in my right eye.....

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
I'm 18 and Type 1 Diabetic diagnosed. Currently live in England.

I got diagnosed at age 7. Lived in Singapore at the time. The weather was extremely hot at the time so my parents didn't think me drinking a lot and peeing alot meant anything till I became really I'll one day and had to be in hospital for 1 week and that's when I got diagnosed. What's worst is I had to stay in hospital for past my 8th birthday. That's all I know as I said I was 7 at the time.
(I've lived in 4 different countries, Holland, Singapore, Spain and now England.)

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Hi Matt I’m Andrew

daemoncor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Onions.
Someone give me a shout when the WhatsApp group is up, I'm game!