Freestyle Libre - Ebay

encore1332

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not nice stuff
Having got my freestyle libre the other week I have loved it and it has definatly given me a little insight to whats going on. Just wanted to have a quick rant about those people who are selling them on EBAY for such hugely inflated sums of money. Makes my blood boil. Wondering if it infuriates others as it does me.

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As the waiting list is so long for the Libre I'd imagine there will be a few opportunists taking advantage, but I wonder if you still get the support from Abbott if your not the original person who purchased the Libre? Either way I wouldn't pay over the odds for it.

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yup.

And since I am still on the waiting list for a libre, and have been waiting for TOO LONG, it is something I feel strongly about.

I feel the same about the selling of meter strips on ebay - unless they are straight from the manufacturer, of course (like the SD Codefree ones).

Anyone who sells extra strips, having got them via an NHS prescription, is IMHO committing fraud.

Reactions: 4 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It'll come in the end gorgeous. And it'll make you so happy ...

Loose

buckley8219

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm can't say I find it infuriating, unethical perhaps.

But then we live in a capitalist society and profit is king.

Supply and demand issues, there will always be people who take advantage of mismatches between the two. Regardless of the nature of the product involved.

TeamHard2017

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah ok sorry behind the times there still going for a fortune on eBay tho im more confused as to why the NHS won't fund this wonderful system

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah ok sorry behind the times there still going for a fortune on eBay tho im more confused as to why the NHS won't fund this wonderful system
They may do in time, but it has to be approved by NICE before that.

CJOtter

Type of diabetes
Type 1
yup.

And since I am still on the waiting list for a libre, and have been waiting for TOO LONG, it is something I feel strongly about.

I feel the same about the selling of meter strips on ebay - unless they are straight from the manufacturer, of course (like the SD Codefree ones).

Anyone who sells extra strips, having got them via an NHS prescription, is IMHO committing fraud.
It's not just your opinion- it is fraud

CJOtter

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My sister (also T1) was involved in a trial to get evidence for it to be funded. I think it will come.