I've finally reached my goal

shosh69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym
Diagnosed T2 in December 2016 with a HbA1c of 94 had my 3 monthly review with my nurse and can happily say my HbA1c is now 39 words can't explain how I feel. I stopped metformin 2 months ago on my own accord stuck to lchf and with determination lost 2 stone and never felt healthier. My nurse couldn't wait to tell me the good news it was written all over her face she knew how much I wanted this. Many thanks to this forum or I wouldn't be where I am now 6 months it has taken me to get where I am it's been difficult at times but I have done it. I will continue with my healthy lifestyle as I have never felt better.

shosh69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym
Thank you and yes prem51 I told her at my first 3 month review as she was amazed that I had got HbA1c down to 54 and had lost a stone she said it must be working for you keep doing what your doing but to be honest it was like she really didn't want to know same with the doctor just turn a blind eye but don't understand as lchf is clearly working for people.

No marathonmona never counted calories and yes I did fast for 5 days out a month and limited my carbs no more than 20 a day my down fall was at night I would have a boiled egg or ham and cheese for a snack and the occasional bit of dark chocolate was hard at first but was so determined didn't want any diabetes complications wanted to healthy have 6 lovely grandchildren I done it for them. Every bit of information and knowledge I got was from this forum which my nurse told me about so can't thank everyone enough

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Diagnosed T2 in December 2016 with a HbA1c of 94 had my 3 monthly review with my nurse and can happily say my HbA1c is now 39 words can't explain how I feel. I stopped metformin 2 months ago on my own accord stuck to lchf and with determination lost 2 stone and never felt healthier. My nurse couldn't wait to tell me the good news it was written all over her face she knew how much I wanted this. Many thanks to this forum or I wouldn't be where I am now 6 months it has taken me to get where I am it's been difficult at times but I have done it. I will continue with my healthy lifestyle as I have never felt better.
Brilliant. Well done

Reactions: Prem51 and shosh69

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Home run to you and this forum.

Reactions: shosh69

shosh69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym
Another Q: What and when do you eat when not fasting?

TIA!

I don't eat breakfast early morning as it spiked me to much so I eat at 10 or 11 at my work which will normally be 2 eggs scrambled or boiled with half slice of burgen bread or 1 heck sausage with the bread then after work at 2.30 will have Lidl protein roll toasted with cheese ham or corned beef or tuna and sometimes a salad. Dinner at 5 or 6 it ranges from salmon with green beans few sweet potatoes/chicken Brussels sprouts carrots 2 small roast potatoes/bolognaise with cauliflower rice I add onions and paprika to it./loads of cabbage with corned beef/homemade chicken tai curry again with cauliflower rice/cauliflower mash with grated cheese added also love sweet potato oven chips these are just some of my meals. If I fancy a snack later on I have baby bell cheese and slice of ham or a boiled egg or some cashew nuts. Also I make homemade soup and just discovered on here about sugar free jelly and cream for a dessert. Hope this helps

marathonmona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't eat breakfast early morning as it spiked me to much so I eat at 10 or 11 at my work which will normally be 2 eggs scrambled or boiled with half slice of burgen bread or 1 heck sausage with the bread then after work at 2.30 will have Lidl protein roll toasted with cheese ham or corned beef or tuna and sometimes a salad. Dinner at 5 or 6 it ranges from salmon with green beans few sweet potatoes/chicken Brussels sprouts carrots 2 small roast potatoes/bolognaise with cauliflower rice I add onions and paprika to it./loads of cabbage with corned beef/homemade chicken tai curry again with cauliflower rice/cauliflower mash with grated cheese added also love sweet potato oven chips these are just some of my meals. If I fancy a snack later on I have baby bell cheese and slice of ham or a boiled egg or some cashew nuts. Also I make homemade soup and just discovered on here about sugar free jelly and cream for a dessert. Hope this helps

This helps a lot! Thank you so much.

Reactions: shosh69 and Prem51